1//the dursleys + aunt marge

edited. 

A/N: Hey guys! I love this plot so much and I have so many plans for it. It is currently being edited (heavily) so sorry for that. Anyway, leave your thoughts in the comments! Thank you! and Enjoy :)

*A large portion of the second half quoted from 'Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban'*

Hailey hated summer. She absolutely hated it.

The second day into the summer vacation and she was back to feeling like Cinderella but she knew her Prince Charming wasn't coming and she had two long months before school started again and she could leave.

"Scrub harder! The grease certainly isn't going to clean itself," Aunt Petunia criticized while standing above her.

"Yes, Aunt Petunia," Hailey muttered dutifully. She scrubbed harder as Aunt Petunia had instructed, after all, she was right in the kitchen looking out the window. 

"Vernon! Vernon!" Aunt Petunia exclaimed. She hurried into the living room for her phone.

"What is it, Petunia?" Uncle Vernon asked lowering the volume on the TV.

"The Andersons! They're watering their lawn during a drought!" She exclaimed excitedly.

"Call the number!" Uncle Vernon prompted almost equally as excited as Aunt Petunia at the prospect of getting their neighbors into trouble.

Hailey rolled her eyes. Any other regular human being would grimace at the excitement the Dursleys were showing to report their neighbor but this was normal in the Dursleys' household and Hailey had trained herself not to care.

She heard Aunt Petunia hurry up the stairs undoubtedly to call the hotline. At least she would remain in a good mood for the rest of the day- maybe even a few days if the neighbors are charged with a hefty enough fine.

"Girl, after you're done with the dishes, make sure my car gets washed. I need to go to the station tomorrow!" Uncle Vernon called from the living room. She stopped herself from making any sounds of displeasure. The Dursleys tend to keep their ears peeled open after barking an order so they could then yell at Hailey for being ungrateful and lazy if she dared voice her disapproval.

Hailey had woken up early to make breakfast, and then wash the dishes. After she went to go shower and after showering she finally ate breakfast after Dudley was done stuffing his mouth (she preferred not to ruin her appetite by sitting with him). Then she dusted the house and mopped the floors. AFTER THAT, she helped Aunt Petunia with lunch and now she was washing the dishes. She also had to mow the lawn and trim the 'overgrown' hedge but she could opt out of mowing today if washing Uncle Vernon's car was more important and he convinced her Aunt of that.

"Uncle Vernon, Aunt Petunia also told me to make sure I mow the lawn and trim the hedges. Which one do I do?" she asked in her sweetest, most obedient voice.

"The car! I need it done before tomorrow. I'll tell Petunia you'll do the lawn tomorrow," Uncle Vernon commanded.

Hailey smiled inwardly. She had saved her arms the lawn labor for one day. She finished drying the dishes and put them away before she collected the basket of car cleaning supplies from the garage and scrubbed her Uncle's car clean.

It was nearly dinner time when she had finally finished. Her clothes were sopping wet. She entered through the back door to make sure no one saw-

"Mummy! Hailey's making a mess again!" Dudley called. He was sitting in the kitchen, of course, like always glued to the television and stuffing his mouth. Hailey glared at Dudley which he happily ignored.