eleven.

Violet didn't see Peter for the rest of the day. He had texted her during her next period to let her know that he was doing something important and would call or see her the minute he could, but had then gone completely ghost on her.

She had returned home without her boyfriend, luckily to an empty house. Aunt May and Uncle Ben were going out for their anniversary, so they'd been out from afternoon to night. She had been excited to spend a night alone with Peter, and now all she felt was dread pooling at the bottom of her stomach. He commonly forgot to text back, to follow up, a life of solitude from everyone but his aunt and uncle still affecting his actions today, but it had never been this long.

To try and distract herself, she sat on Peter's bed, his comforter pulled over her lap. His cologne stained the sheets like expensive wine, and it continued to make her worry more, so she engorged herself in her studies, working on biochemistry and physics homework, although she had no doubt that she was probably failing every question. She always worked better when Peter was right next to her, doing his own homework or looking at pictures he took or trying to distract her.

About an hour after she got home, she was still sitting in the same spot when she heard the front door open. Too antsy for her own good, she practically threw her laptop to the side, jumping out of bed and sprinting down stairs. When her eyes landed on the familiar red-and-blue pattern of a Spiderman suit, her heart practically shot into her throat. "Peter fucking Parker, who the hell do you think you are, ghosting me like that?" She snapped, right before she realized that the red in the middle of his suit was darker than the actual red. "Oh my god, Peter? What happened?"

Violet rushed forward just as Peter turned the corner to flop himself over the arm of the couch, one hand holding on to the back of her couch and the other cupping his stomach, right beneath the three gashes on his chest. "You should see the other guy," he joked in a deadpan tone, looking up through his eyelashes at her. "I'm sorry for leaving you hanging, babe. But when a giant mutant lizard goes a-callin', Spiderman has to answer."

She stared at him for a second before rolling her eyes. "We really have to stop bleeding out on this couch." With that, she turned on her heel, walking through the hallway to the downstairs bathroom. She grabbed a washrag from the cabinet, along with some hydrogen peroxide and a good amount of bandages that would be able to cover the huge gashes along her boyfriend's chest.

Making her way back into the living room, she tilted her head towards Peter. "Take off the suit, boy," she demanded, moving to sit down on the arm of the couch.

He scooted down farther so that he could sit up and look at her, and he raised his eyebrows suggestively. When she glared, a small laugh left his lips before he pulled off his mask the rest of the way, shimmying his arms out of the sleeves and pulling the torso part of his suit down to pool around his hips.

Trying to keep herself from ogling his amazingly toned chest, she dosed the washrag in hydrogen peroxide, before reluctantly gazing at the cuts on his chest. "Damn, Parker," she mumbled, realization hitting her like a bag of rocks. "If you were normal, you would have been dead the minute your brain told your blood to pool out." Keeping her touch gentle, she pressed the soaked rag against his injury, causing him to suck in a sharp inhale of breath.

"But I'm not normal." Peter's eyes stayed glued to her face, and she looked up at him after a moment. His lips were parted ever-so-slightly, and she didn't miss his eyes constantly moving from hers to her lips. His tongue pressed against his cheek and she gave him a small, sheepish smile. She'd never get used to the way he looked at her - like she hung the moon in the sky all by herself.

After a moment of simple staring, he sat up a bit higher, her finger tracing along the dip in his abdomen as his own hands slid to hold her hips gently. She only caught a glance of his doe eyes before his nose was brushing against hers, his lips taunting against her own. The idea of kissing him was tempting, and her whole body screamed for her to just tilt her head and make the connection, but she couldn't help the rest of the thoughts that were banging against her skull, begging to be let out.