He woke up gently and rubbed his eyes, Sinfonia woke up too and he licked him. "Good morning Sinfonia," he greeted. 

Sinfonia bawled 'good morning' and stood up. 

Juano looked down the hill seeing the Casita far below. To his suprirse, he saw Carlos going to Alma. Pulling out his spyglass, he peered through and saw a cold frosty face was painted on Alma's face and his father looked desperate. They went inside. 

Juano became scared. He reckoned Alma had summoned his father in for a reason. He rode his horse down to the back of the house and he crawled underneath one of the kitchen windows. He heard his father and the villager leader talking.

"So those light waves were because of our son?" It was Alma. She sounded both enraged and scared. 

"Yes," Carlos spoke. "He's out of control,"

"How long exactly has your son had powers?"

"About ten years ago. Right before his mother's death. They're the reason we move around so much because he can't control them. He doesn't even try to,"

Juano couldn't believe his father was speaking like that about him. 

"He is a burden to my family. A burden who must be dealt with,"

"Sir...I cannot help him control his gift unless you tell me everything he can do,"

"I don't care how much you want to know...I want him to be trained. You and your family are the only ones who can do this. He is nothing but a walking disaster who will constantly make life hard for me and the rest of my children unless he gets training done," 

Juano couldn't take it anymore. He sped off. 

                                                       ..............................................................

After an emotional conversation involving a song about pressure with her older sister Luisa, Mirabel was walking over the bridge when she heard sobbing. She twisted her head but couldn't see anyone. She listened more carefully and recognised the source of the sobs from beneath her feet. Walking over to the other side, she gently stepped down to slope to the river bank and peered under the bridge. She saw Juano crying. Sinfonia was curled around him like a protective mama jaguar with her cubs. 

"Juano?" he approached him.

Sinfonia saw her and neighed angrily at her. She stumbled back. 

Juano saw his horse neighing defensively at her and grabbed his reins. "Stop boy. Heal it. It's just Mirabel," 

Sinfonia calmed down and slumped back down. 

"Sorry I didn't mean to startle you," Mirabel said. 

"No you didn't startle me at all," Juano said. He wiped his face. 

Mirabel saw the wetness still drenching them. "Are you okay?

"Yeah," Juano sniffled. "Why wouldn't I be?"

"Juano..." Mirabel knelt beside him. "I heard your crying. You're sad about something. You said so yesterday that I shouldn't bury my feelings. You shouldn't either. Please...tell me what's wrong?"

Juano sighed and sniffled. He wiped his eyes, not caring if more tears would constantly leak out. "Mirabel...my powers are unpredictable. They cause more harm than good. I almost have no control over them. When I get angry or sad or emotionally unstable...they cause harm," he took in a deep breath. "Like yesterday,"

"Yesterday?" Mirabel repeated. "What do you mean?"

Juano couldn't look at her. He turned away. 

"Those light rays that blinded all those people..." Mirabel paused. "That was you," she sounded almost scared.