Instead, he flopped to the floor, leaning against his bed. Each breath felt like a marathon. With the lack of oxygen, he could feel his head hurting. Taehyung curled each of his fingers into a fist, then uncurled it, again and again. He tried to focus on that.

A rush of air seemed to tickle his throat. Coughs erupted from his mouth, and he doubled over. Taehyung slammed a hand against his mouth. After every cough, he gasped for air, the wheeze very loud and apparent.

Okay, maybe the others' worries weren't so misguided after all.

He couldn't find his inhaler. He was the middle of the worst asthma attack he'd had in months. This was the worst night in his life.

With all the strength he could muster, he yelled out someone's name.

"Jin hyung!" he screamed.

------

Yoongi was just trying to vacuum his room in peace. Was he aware that it was the middle of the night? Yes. But the floor was dirty and it needed to be cleaned.

The whirr of his vaccum cleaner wasn't all that loud, but he'd closed his door just in case. The last thing he needed was Hoseok and Jin lecturing him for the one thing that he never did - clean.

He'd just vacuumed himself into a corner. With a quiet sigh (and lots of internal frustration), he began to wheel the vacuum out of it. There was a big pile of clothing on the floor. Yoongi was just about to pick it up, but then he heard something.

Someone seemed to call Jin's name. He couldn't make out who it was.

Yoongi paused, waiting for the sound to repeat itself.

It never came.

Carefully, Yoongi stepped out of his room. The hallway was dark. Clearly, Jin had not heard whoever was calling for him.

He walked down the hallway, trying to figure out who had called. Yoongi decided to wake Jin up, too.

He'd just passed by Taehyung's room when he heard someone shuffling around. Yoongi tilted his head. Now, who would be doing that at this hour? Nobody that he knew...

Taehyung?

Suddenly, he realized what was going on. Taehyung's tiredness from the entire day could have led to something. Was he sick?

With his heart in his throat, Yoongi pushed open Taehyung's door. He flicked on the light.

Taehyung was on the floor, his back against his bed. He glanced up at Yoongi with forlorn eyes. Yoongi could barely believe what he was seeing. Flashbacks of that dance practice ran through his head. Oh no... what if something like that was going on again?

"Taehyung, what... I mean, did you... did you take your inhaler?" Shit, Yoongi was bad at this. There was a reason why Taehyung had called out Jin's name, not his.

The blank look on Taehyung's face was enough to make Yoongi burst into tears. But he held on, trying to figure out what to do next.

Taehyung was still breathing heavily, his face a weird mixture of paleness and redness from the effort. His hand was curled into a tight fist. Yoongi could see that his knuckles were white with the effort.

"Taehyung, did you?"

Taehyung seemed to stare right through him. Yoongi was completely baffled. What was he going to do?

He came forward, his hand automatically reaching out to comfort Taehyung. Yoongi then turned his attention to the nightstand. There were things strewn everywhere, meaning that Taehyung had been looking for something. His inhaler, probably.