Ch.9

My face felt hot and I tried looking anywhere but Sherlock. It was no use, I could practically feel his gaze on me with those intense eyes. "I missed you." He said suddenly in a soft hushed tone, his mouth against my ear. I felt him rest his chin on my shoulder, pressing tender kisses on my neck. Just the thought alone of his touch brought goosebumps to my skin. And yet, here he was. 

    This all seemed so...illogical. I wondered now how Sherlock felt about this situation in itself. Did he feel the same? Was he still trying to process this? Of course, he knew he was alive. 

    And I know wondered to other things...He is being awfully affectionate. Even in this situation now, and even of the great Sherlock Holmes, this was a bit...Odd. Well, anything involving Sherlock would be nothing short of unexpected and odd. 

     "Why did you reveal yourself?" I asked suddenly, rather loudly compared to the silence before. I could tell this caught him off guard, but surely he was at ready to answer any possible question I had to ask. He was silent for a while, and I began to think he wasn't going to reply. 

     "I wasn't going to hide forever." He started, as if I was supposed to know this. "It was all a matter of time." It felt as though there was more behind it than timing, and I'm sure there was. But you could never tell with Sherlock, and I didn't ask any further. Although this all felt right and waited for, something still lay there. Was it the fact that Moriarty is most likely to be alive? Is it the fact that Sherlock still has to stay hidden? Or that fact that he's alive? There were so many things I wanted to know. I'm sure Sherlock coulnd't answer half of them, and that was what scared not only me, but Sherlock. 

       It was around 11 or so now, Sherlock nor I speaking many words. We sat on his couch, accepting each other's company. (Of which was unexpected.)

          Sherlock still lay his head on my shoulder, the tingle of his lips on my skin as he pressed a soft kiss on my neck. He pressed another, along my jawline. He pushed his head of now, eye half lidded as he leaned his forehead against mine. I felt my chest flutter and my face grow hot. (A recurring feeling this past hour)

          His lips linger before mine, just barely brushing against one another. He was being a tease and frankly, I've had enough of waiting. I pushed my head forward, awarded with the full feeling of his lips upon my own. The emotional depth of the kiss was most powerful of what I have ever experienced. I felt Sherlock's hand rest on my thigh. I brought my of my hands up, tugging lightly on a curl. I heard a faint noise form the back of his throat, a smirk forming over my lips. 

         I was lost in a blur, feeling nothing but his hand on my thigh and his lips against my jaw. The movements were all so sudden, and so surprising coming from a novice, as Sherlock was. It seems time has turned what would have been incongruous to something amazingly right. His lips pressed against my jaw, moving up to my lips in eagerness. He slid his tongue along my bottom lip with a strong empowerment. His lips tasted sweet, his tongue pressing against mine as though he were offering a challenge. I complied, our tongues in a fit of battle. 

        His fingers inched down my arm, leaving a trace of goosebumps. I bit back a moan in my throat,  my mind racing to the future conclusion of these actions. 

        Ring. 

        We paused, Sherlock stopping i his advances.

        Ring. 

        I let out a groan on the third ring, muttering a sorry as I leaned back, fishing out my phone pocket. I hardly got calls anymore, and the ones I did get were either from Harry or a sales marketer. The ID read unknown. I looked at it curiously, opening the call and holding it to my ear. "Hello?" I asked, a hint of annoyance in my tone. "Oh good, you answered." I froze, my breath halting. Sherlock gave me a worried look. He mouthed the words 'What is it?' But I had no answer, my hands began to shake and I tried to swallow. "Who-Who is this?" I asked, voice nearly trembling. "You know who it is, silly" Said the voice, amusement in his tone.

        Moriarty.