Chapter 2 -Wishes

Luffy's eyes widened at the sight of the man kneeling at his feet before they became blindingly bright with amazement and admiration. "KA...KAKKOOIIIIII~" Luffy shouted.

The genie looked up from the floor and his eyes widened in mild surprise before they returned to their practiced scowl. 'Great, another idiot.' Zoro got up from his respectful kneel and stood in front of his master. "My name is Roronoa Zoro, and I am to grant my master three wishes."

"Really? You can grant wishes? So that must make you a genie or something." Nami got up from her crouch, let go of Usopp, and walked over to stand next to Luffy in front of the genie, all fear of the being completely vanished and she was instantly in her 'bureaucratic negotiator' mode. She wanted to get everything she could out of this deal. She wouldn't let anyone waste an opportunity like this – over her dead body! "And we can assume that we are permitted to wish for anything our hearts desire." Nami had a confident, though conniving, grin on her face. She knew she was right, but she wanted to see how she could mould the situation to best suit her. This was an art form Nami had practically mastered by the age of 10, and the genie didn't seem to be the sharpest knife in the drawer, so it should be a piece of cake.

Zoro's eyebrow twitched, practically able to read everything that was going through the woman's head. What was with this chick? Though taken aback by her sudden personality switch, he remained unfazed by the unpredictable behaviour. He hadn't expected her to be like this, but it was an attitude he'd come across many times. Nothing he couldn't handle, right? "Only my master can grant the wishes. I am forbidden to grant wishes for anyone else." Zoro crossed his arms, closed his eyes, and awaited his orders.

The crew all looked at Luffy, waiting for him to say something about this incredible opportunity. But he was just staring straight at the genie, transfixed. "So your name's Zoro, huh?"

Zoro's eyes snapped open and he looked straight into the eyes of his master. He quirked an eyebrow, not at all familiar with the direction this conversation was going. Most of his masters would already have their wishes written up and ready to go, and he'd be back in his lamp before the hour. He couldn't remember the last time someone had asked him his name. "Yeah. Why?"

"Well, it's only normal for Nakama to know each other's names." Zoro's eyes widened and he was about to say something, but Luffy continued before he could get a word out. "I like you, Zoro. You're going to be mine from now on." Luffy said with a calm mature smile. The rest of the crew had caught the possible 'double meaning' in what Luffy had said but was going to leave it alone. There was probably nothing in what he'd said except for Luffy's "I want something, and I'll get it" attitude.

Zoro's eyebrow twitched with something Zoro couldn't place his finger on. Irritation? Annoyance? That was probably close. He figured might as well explain all of the negative parts of this little 'master and servant relationship and get that out of the way. Better now while the relationship holds no emotional attachment – made things less painful in the long run. "Once you make your three wishes I am no longer bound to you. I will return to my lamp and you can never draw me back out."

Luffy's eyes widened and glazed over with a sad stare. "Then how do you make Nakama?"

Zoro sighed, he didn't want to give in to this, but his will to serve and obey his master was already starting to tickle his skin. Obliging his master's want to know the answer he tentatively responded. "I've...made some..." The conversation was quickly getting quite awkward, and Zoro didn't like it. The stare his new master was giving him made him incredibly uncomfortable. He flushed at the odd look and crossed his arms defensively. "Quit looking at me like that. I don't want or need your or anyone else's pity."

Luffy smiled, understanding completely. "Then it's decided. You're going to be my Nakama."

"And if I refuse?"