Inevitable Announcement

Start from the beginning

A small time skip to after nationals, where Iwa accidentally meets Tobio. They have a tense talk, in which its implied that they agree to go back to nothing. No soulmates, no friends, no ex-schoolmates or anything. Just strangers.

Then a time-skip (yes ikr) to college, where Tobio would go to study sport science (which is the same as Iwa according to google). They would meet because they go to the same building, but Tobio would run/ignore/glare and Iwa who would awkwardly smile or ignore Tobio tooA party would happen where Tobio and Iwa are reintroduced to each other (as their friends didn't know they knew eachother) and they were forced to talk. It was awkward obviously, but as they agreed they would act like strangers, they talked normally enough. They ended up exchanging numbers.

Tobio is on the volleyball team, with some people including Atsumu. He didn't see Oiks, so he assumed the boy went to a different college. During talks w/ Iwa, he finds out that Oikawa actually had to have surgery for his knee and can't play volleyball anymore, which is why Tobio doesnt see him and why around the place eventhough they go to the same college. Tobio is still awkward with Iwa, even more so when he eventually meets Oikawa again.

I was going to add suggestive wording that Atsumu liked Tobio/Tobio like Atsumu, which would make Oikawa jealous but at the same time like- resigned?

They have a weird tension, so one of their mutual friends (I was thinking Bokuto) publically calls them out(kinda?) and they would properly properly talk. Tobio admits he can't forgive them, probably not anytime soon, but that he want to move on. They become sort of friends (like, same friend group but not friends themselves, they would talk etc, but they wont hang out just them)

The next few chapters would be of their relationship getting closer, but obviously no romance.Then there would be a flashback to their proper talk where the two admit they still want Tobio, but they're against it themselves(? sort of like, 'Im terrible for you, but I love you, so please let me go' kida shit)

Tobio would then feel guilt (that he doesnt need to, just making sure you know this). He talks to Hikaru about this, not confident enough to talk about it to Akaashi as he knows the owl kinda hates IwaOi. Tobio admits that he doesn't feel hatred toward them, although he doesnt forgive them he doesnt hold it against them. Tobio feels bad that it's kinda like he's stringing them on, like, are they getting back together? If not then why does he put in effort to let go, eventhough he doesnt want anything romantic with them

Hikaru would then give him an odd look, and basically say something along the lines of 'Soulmates don't have to be romantic. My soulmate is my bestfriend. He's aroace, and we're practically brothers anyway. It's a normal thing y'know'

And basically Tobio gets an epiphany. He doesn't have to romantic with IwaOi. He has another talk with them, basically explaining that he wants to stay strictly friends, unless that changes which if it does would take a long time. It would end with a hug, wherein Tobio feels his arm get tingly and his soulmark would return, this time the chains are gone, the padlock broken and heart bright red.

The main story would end.

Epilogue

A small look into Tobi years later, but I would keep the partner vague so people could guess. It could be IwaOi or Atsumu, and obviously there would be hints, but there isn't really a correct answer. IwaOi would appear though, its vague whether their relationship is platonic or not.It would end with:

Everyone is born with a soulmate mark, placed somewhere random on your body. Some easy to cover, some hard. Some soulmate marks are pairs, both having a beautiful tattoo, matching perfectly. Some soulmate marks are matches, like the moon and star (cat included).At first contact of skin to skin, the marks burn (and god, did it hurt like a bitch), and fill with colour.

The second stage will start after a while, and writing something on your skin will appear on your soulmate, and bruises and scratches will appear too.

The third stage, the tattoo will start to change depending on your soulmate's feelings, be it good or bad. Good, a pristine unlocked padlock, beautiful golden keys. Bad, the dirty keys and the chained padlocks and and- those chains- they're so heavy and suffocating and fuck-The fourth and final stage, is shared pain, when all the bruises that appeared finally have feelings connected to them (even with walls, pain remains. It's not something you can make disappear like that.)

All the marks have a meaning. Sun, bright, cheerful. Moon, mysterious, but silently reflecting the sun's energy. Pencil, creative, but easily breaks. Chained padlock, incapable of feelings closed off, sheltered, but not to fear, you can escape).

Poly bonds weren't common, but they aren't rare. It used to be common, about a 50% chance, but most poly bonds didn't work, ending up in one of the soulmates rejected, and alone, mark slowly becoming dark.

Everyone is born with a soulmate mark, but 1% of people didn't have a soulmate.

Tobio was once part of that 1%, by unfortunate choice.

But it's fine. Soulmarks don't dictate your life, and Tobio is happy.At the end, isn't that all that matters?