he hugged her from the side and allowed her head to lay on his shoulder, "i'm sorry."

"don't be." she exhaled, "i just realised i shouldn't have listened to mama and visited her more instead."

"we need to get a move on," he told her.

"i know... but my brothers," she said, "i don't want to drag them down so i just want to be extra careful. especially emerson, he has a career and everything and i don't want to affect that,"

"he lied to you, el—"

"and maybe he had a reason to. he's my brother, he will never ever hurt me." el emphasised every single word and he could only nod.

"i know, i know you love him a lot. just take your time and i'll be here, okay?" he moved his head forward and looked down and smiled.

she nodded and quickly kissed his lips, "okay, let's go now. we can get some food and then i'll need to head home."

he stood up first, then took her hand into his and helped her up before he helped her back onto the path.

she swayed their arms like usual, liking how it comforted her then she wrapped her hand around his arm.

"mike," she whispered as he hummed, "yeah?"

"if you were put in a dangerous situation and chose not to leave, are you considered suicidal?" she wondered genuinely and he lightly shrugged.

"i don't know... was there a way out?"

"yes. yeah, there were ways out," she told him theoretically even though it had happened before.

"then i guess so. if you knew the way to save yourself and you choose not to, it's technically suicide in a way," he explained and she nodded lightly.

"why the sudden question?" he asked as she took him down a street.

"just wondering," she said, "people define it differently and i wanted to see what you think." she said, which was true.

"here, we can eat at this fast food place," she opened the door and they went to find some seats at the back.

once they were sat, mike handed the menu for el to look through first and she quietly thanked him and skimmed through it.

"i'll just get a salad, i'm not that hungry anyways," she said and he raised his eyebrows, "you barely ate today."

"i'm on a diet. i ate a bunch of sweets this week, i'm done," she laughed out and he nodded.

"then i'll a burger with some fries and if you want, you can have some," he said then stood up to order at the cashier, "i'll be right back,"

he pressed a kiss to her hair then walked off to the cashier.

sitting back in the booth patiently, she watched as he ordered at the counter and smiled at how concentrated he looked when he did order.

but her moment was ruined when she felt her phone vibrate in her pocket and was forced to peel her eyes off of mike and to check who it was.

eli: i have practice till late today, might eat dinner before i come home.

el: so it'll be just me, ezra and emerson?

eli: isn't ezra going back to campus for the night? he said he was studying.

el: oh.. i must've forgot. it's alright then, if you're home earlier then stop by my room.

eli: got it. i won't bother last 12, love you!!!!