Nurse Visit

My head is pounding, and my stomach is killing me.

What the hell happened?

I open my eyes and survey my surroundings. It looks like I'm in the nurses office. I sit up on the bed, and rub my forehead. The nurse walks in.

"Hello Miss Everwood. How are you feeling?" I look up at her. "Like I got hit by a truck." She looks at me confused, but hands me a small container of pain killers. "I'm guessing that your healing speed is slower than usual, so here's some pain killers for now. It's a weeks worth. Take 2 a day and you should be fine." I nod and stand. I immediately feel dizzy so I place my hand back on the bed to try and catch my balance. Once again, key word: try. I still lose my balance and begin to fall back, and I land right into someone's arms, and I can tell by the tingles shooting through my body like fireworks, just who it is.

I look up and catch myself staring into those striking blue eyes as I'm lifted back to my feet. "Are you okay? Do you need me to get the nurse again?" He looks at me worriedly. I shake my head, but hold on to his arms to keep my balance. I can't help but notice he has very nice biceps. "No I'll be okay, just give me a second." He continues to look worried as I find my balance. I look up at him and smile. "I'm okay now, thanks." He gives me a toothy smile back, he has a gorgeous smile, then his face turns serious. "Do you have any idea of who would've done this to you?" I think, but shake my head. "No, I don't have any enemies that I know of here." I can hear him growl angrily. "I will do my best to find out who did this to you, it was out of line and not within the boundaries of the classroom." I nod. "Thank you, but really I'm okay now." "Good, do you want to go back to your room?" I brow creases. Did he really just ask that? He raises an eyebrow. "I mean do you want to go rest." I raise my eyebrows and nod, blushing. He smirks and turns and heads to the door and opens it for me.

Felix walks back to my room with me, making sure that I get there without collapsing to the ground. I get back to my room and realize I don't have my key. "Damn, I think I locked my key in there." I said, slightly irritated. He pulls a set of keys out of his pocket and unlocks my door, I look up at him confused. He holds the key up. "Master key." I nod and walk inside. "Thank you for walking me, I appreciate it." I smile, and he smiles back. "You are excused from class this evening and tomorrow if you need it. Just call me if you need anything, Amber." I nod at him. "Thank you, Felix." I hear his breath hitch and he closes his eyes for a second, then opens them again. They're darker than they were before. He shakes his head again. "Have a good day Miss. Everwood." He then walks down the hallway and leaves.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next day I decide to take the day off. My head is still pounding and my stomach is in knots. I take the free time that I have to call my mother.
"Hello?"

"Hey mom it's Amber."

We talk for about an hour, and I tell her everything that's happened so far. I even told her how I fought one of the Alphas.

"Did you beat him??"

"No mom, but I didn't make it easy either." I said with a smile.

"That's my girl!" She laughs. I decide to ask a question that's been looming in my mind.

"Mom, what's a mate?" Her laughter instantly stops. "Why honey? Has something happened?"

"Well, no, but I think that I might have found mine." She stays silent. "And he's an Alpha." I add, nervously. Her breath hitches.

"H-Has he marked you yet?"

"No, I don't think so, wait what do you mean marked?" She lets out a huge sigh.

"Sweetie whatever you do don't let him mark you, not until we can get this worked out."

"Why mom? What does it mean? And work what out?" She's leaving me with more questions than answers. She takes a deep breath. "Honey once your mate marks you, the mating process begins. It would only be a matter of time before.."things" happened. And that's means he would see your mark." My breath hitches. No, no no that's unacceptable. That can never happen.

"Sweetie just try and avoid him for now, okay?" I look down, and sigh. I don't know if I can avoid him. I love just being around him, but mother knows best, I guess. "Okay, mom." I can hear in her voice that she has relaxed. "Okay honey, well I've got to bring Lexi to school, have a good day, I love you." I smile, "Love you too mom." I hang up.

I decide to go for a little nature walk. We've all been cooped up inside the training building and haven't been outside since we got here. I walk outside, there's woods surrounding us from every direction. I walk at a slow pace, enjoying the scenery. The sky is a beautiful blue, and the green of the leaves contrasts beautifully against the color of the sky. I listen; I can hear a creek flowing, birds chirping, bugs flying around, squirrels running, and someone walking up behind me..
"Young lady, what do you think you're doing out here?" I turn around to see Alpha Chris, with his arms crossed. He doesn't look happy.
"I'm just taking a walk, Alpha."

"Shouldn't you be in class?"

"Alpha Felix has excused me for today. I had to go to the nurses office yesterday because someone smashed my head against the walk during lunch." He nods.

"Okay, but you need to come back into the training building. You aren't suppose to be out here unsupervised."

I nod and walk over to him and we go back into the building. I guess I'm trapped in here all day. Great.