Chapter One

Jayden POV

*flashback 5 years ago*

"Aye Momma! Where my curling iron at though?" I yell waiting for my mom to answer.

"Why you yellin' baby?" She says from right behind me.

"Oh sorry I thought you were upstairs"

She laughs. "It should be in the bathroom no one has touched it."

"Alright thank you. And I'ma go spend the night at Raquel's" Making my way to the bathroom. I find the iron and turn it on to start curling my nappy ass head.

"Okay baby you becareful and make sure you call me when you get there."

My momma always been over protective but I don't mind it. I mean you never know what can happen right? Especially living down here in Compton. It's crazy out here. There's always something happening from robberies, to drive bys, to murders. You never know what you're gonna get living in these streets. I don't trip though. My daddy and my 3 brothers are part of the Westside Tree Top Piru Gang . Which means I get protected by a lot of people. But if some fufu ass girls wanna start somethin' I can handle mines. Yeah I'm a little fighter. That's what you get when you got my brothers. I learned cuz they always wanna pick on a Lil nigga. I will always rep bloods. Thas my hood ya know? But never will I ever actually be in a gang. It's not worth it and there's too much to lose.

I finished with my hair. And was walking out the door. "Bye Momma!" I yell.

I heard her say 'bye' and I was on my way to Raquel's. She only lived a couple blocks over. And being on my phone kept me entertained while walking.

"Aye Lil Mama wassup" I hear someone yell. I look up across the street. I roll my eyes when I see it's Michael and his dumb ass friends. I just ignore him and keep walking.

"When you gon' lemme hit that Jayden?" He asks. And all his homeboys start laughing.

"Boy please. You only EVER gonna hit this in yo' dreams" I say with attitude. His boys just start dying and I hear someone say "dayuum sweated!" I laugh to myself.

"Yeah okay watch one day you gonna want me to lay down the pipe" he says. Michael's bomb. And I mean Hella bomb. He a lightskin nigga with hazel eyes and he's tatted up. And honestly I would Holla at him but the reason I don't Is because I cant. My brothers will beat my ass and Michael's ass too. They won't accept it cuz he's a hoover crip and they're bloods. Plus they've been beefing. And I wouldn't disrespect them like that.

"Michael nigga you be buggin" I say still walking.

"Aye girl I told you not to be callin me by my government name. It's Tyga" he says annoyed.

I don't even pay him no attention. I arrive at Raquel's a couple minutes later. I walk into her house. I don't see anyone as I make my way to her room. I walk upstairs and hear her in the bathroom. I walk in and see her putting make up on.

"Aye girl. Damn you look fine" She says looking me up and down then putting on some red lipstick. I laugh and nod my head wassup. "So we bouta go to Andrew's gig tonight"

"I'm too down. I need to drink girl" I say as school has been stressing me out and I just gotta let go for the weekend.

"Tell me about it" She says and changes into this tight little ass red dress in front of me. We were best friends so it was ku. She got some big ass titties. "Damn Roc I wish I had some titties like you" I say.

"Bitch please! You got cakes. Most of these niggas want ass rather than boobs. I'd trade you any day." Which was true but still. I stood in my outfit. I had some light washed Jean shorts on and a plain black crop top on exposing my dangling belly ring, my red chucks and of course I had to have the red bandana my brother Jordan gave me hanging out my back pocket. When she was done getting ready I heard someone honk outside.

"Come on girl there's Andrew" Raquel says. Andrew was Raquel's boo. They've been together for like 3 months now. They cute. We get in the black cadillac and he pulls off. We make it back to his crib. This party is poppin' already and it's barely 8. I walk in and the first thing I do is go for the drinks. I take a shot of everything they had . I started to feel good. I know I'm a little young to be drinking but fuck it it's my lifestyle. Momma knows I smoke and drink but she don't like it. All I can do is say sorry. Cuz at the end of the day I'm still gonna do me.

I take another shot of some peach ciroc by this time I'm tipsy as hell and I make my way to where every one was dancing. I start dancing. Let me tell you I was getting down. I just let the music take over me and I started backing it up on some guy I don't even know.

"Damn shawty you can get it any day" I laugh and he pulls me to the side and starts talking to me. "What's yo' name girl?" He asks holding my ass.

"Jayden" I say looking up at him. He was a little cutie.

"Well Jayden I'm Keenon. And I think someone trying to get a hold of you" he pulls my phone out of my back pocket and I see 13 missed calls. All from my mom. SHIT. I walk to the kitchen where it's a little bit quieter.

When i answer the phone all I hear is my mom weeping heavily. "It's gonna be okay momma it's gonna be okay" I hear my brother say his voice cracking in every word. My heart drops. "Jordan?! What's wrong?!" I ask.

"Jay pops got shot the-" was all I heard. My whole body froze. The phone dropped from my hand. Every ounce of alcohol left my body and I was in shock.

"What's the matta shawty?" I hear. I don't even reply I just run out the front door. "Jayden! Jayden where are you going?!" I hear Raquel's voice yell behind me. I don't answer. I just keep running. I make it home in about 7 minutes.

All I see is cop cars and ambulances. My heart drops and I run to where I see my brothers holding my mom. They're all faced one way. When I turn I just see the paramedics putting a dead body in the ambulance. No this ain't real. I run to them and cops had to hold me back. "No that's my daddy! That's my daddy!" I keep screaming. Punching and kicking anyone trying to hold me back. Until my twin brothers Jermain and Jerimiah come and pull me away.

"Jayden stop!" They yell. "He's gone! And you can't do any thing to bring him back!" Jerimiah yells tears streaming down his face. As much as I hated everything he just said it was true. I just dropped to the ground and cried until I couldn't feel anything anymore..