Chapter two

"Get up!"a voice yelled

" I said get up you useless piece of shit" the voice yelled again but this time followed by a kick in the ribs.

My eyes flashed open as I hopped into a crouching position and I let out a low growl. He backed away but not in time. I swung my legs around from under me and knocked him over. Then another man grabbed me from behind and shoved me into a small room.

"Get ready girl." The guy said "you have three minutes." Then he walked away.

I looked around the room and saw a sink with a mirror, an old comb and a set of black pants and a shirt. I looked in the mirror, I could barley recognize myself. My eyes were no longer a submissive blue but those of an animal, wild and electric. My hair appeared a few shades darker then before because of my eyes.

I didn't know what I was getting ready for exactly but the idea of putting on cleaner clothes then my rags was sounding pretty good. I began to take of my shirt but stopped midway, I looked up in the corner to see a camera turn to look at me. Dirty bastards are trying to get a show out of me! I grabbed the soap bar by the sink and chucked it at the camera as it fell to the ground in defeat. I finished taking off my shirt and looked down at my dis formed body, I could see the outline of the ribs and my body was speckled with black, blue, purple and red injuries. I also had tones of scars, but one in particular stood out. Not because it was big but because of how I got it. After my mom died my dad began to take out his anger on me, one day he pushed me into a cabinet and the glass cut my forehead. Now I have a little line just above my hairline and it was caused by the only family I have left and that hurt. I pulled my pants over my butt and grabbed the comb. As I ran it through my messy hair but a handful of picks fell off. I bent down and collected them, stuffing them into my pocket Incase I needed to pick a lock or something.

"Times up girly " the man from earlier burst in grabbing my arm. I glared at him as I pulled away.

"Have it your way." He said reaching for his gun. He pointed it at me and I started walking. I followed him down a flight of stairs, a couple twists and turns but with every corridor and change of direction, I marked it down in my mind. We came to another hallway but a man at the desk blocked us. We walked up to him.

"I have the new girl for you" said the man still holding the gun.

"Hmm...." The man at the desk replied and looked down at his clipboard. I couldn't help it as my eyes skimmed his papers as well. There was a picture of me and a list of information so I read it.

Name: Arien Bennet
( pronounced Air-ee-en)

Gender: female

Date of birth: 01/14/1997

Age: 17

Height: 5.8

Weight: 91 pounds

Purchased from east Thai land Mofia

Skill: defence and attack

Yep that was definitely me.

"Second to the end on your right." The desk man said and my captor guided me down the hallway to the second last cage on the right, the others seemed to be filled with women and children. I wonder where they all came from and how long they've been here.
The man entered a code into the mechanical combination lock and the door swung open. He shoved me in and I fell to the ground.

"Your a lucky one, aren't you? Won't have to wait like all the others cause in a few hours you might get picked. Little word of advice, if you ever want out of here you should get rid of that lively spirit and ack like the rest of 'em. Broken and hopeless." He said but I simply smiled at his foolishness, thinking he could keep me in this metal cage.
He got frustrated with my amusement and fired a warning shot right next to my hand, I didn't flinch one bit. He let out a grumble of annoyance and left.

I waited for at least two hours before the man at the desk left. I hopped up and scanned the room, only four security cameras. I reached into my pocket and brought out five comb picks. I stretched my arm around the metal bar and entered the code that the man had stupidly revealed to me rather then cover the lock with his hand. I pushed the door open just enough for me to squeeze out then I closed it again. Hugging the wall I got closed to a camera, I placed a comb pick in between two fingers, brought it down then jolted up word letting the pick fly. I heard a small shatter which meant I had hit my target, the camera. I took out the rest one by one, I was about to leave when something grabbed my ankle. I looked down to see a young women grabbing onto my leg through her cage bars.

"Help me! You have to get me out of here!" she almost demanded. I bent down and whispered

"7112930098, get everyone out." if she could figure out my message then she might have a chance at escaping. i yanked my foot away and started sprinting. down the hall and past the desk, past the doors and corridors that lead me back to where i came. suddenly i bumped into a guard. quickly i turned on my heal and ran in the other direction. more and more guards kept coming and fast. I took a dive into a smaller hall and let the guards run by, idiots. I kept down this way until I heard voices and jumped into a near by closet.

"Are you sure its safe to have so many here?" a high pitched men's voice asked.

"but of course my dear Pillsburry. This one of the safest places on earth, we've never had an intruder nor an escapee." a voice I recognized as the guy with the gun said.

" Phewww" said the high pitched man said again.

"why are you ssso ssssscared of them? they' re only our personal petsss." a raspy and deep voice said sounding a bit like a snake.

" I guess your right. "

suddenly i felt something scurry across my bare feet, probably just a rat. I shook my foot and accidentally hit something. Shit!! The hall went very quiet.

"what was that? " a voice said.

"i don't know" another said "check it out."

i could hear someone taking footstep by footstep towards me. May as well be now or never. i grabbed hold of the handle and jumped out all at once. As i leapt across the hall i took in my situation. Two guards protecting about four men. I jumped off the other side of the wall and swung onto a guard, i twisted his neck and he dropped dead. One of the men fainted at the sight and the others ran away, all except one. I grabbed the guards gun and pointed it at him and the other guards. I felt something sharp hit my neck and i knew automatically that it was a sleep dart. I dropped to the ground and before I blacked out I heard the man say.

"I'll take this one."

"SOLD" The other man said.

I don't know what happened after that.