Bonus Bonus Chapter: Three Years Later

Start from the beginning

"You're home early," she breathed into my lips.

"God, I missed you," I replied, turning to carry her towards our bed.

I lowered her to the bed, landing over her and resuming my tasting of her mouth. She arched into me, hands smoothing up my chest and around my neck before finding my hair. I went for her throat, kissing and biting gently over her pulse, my hands trekking up the outside of her thighs.

"Babe -fuck- hold on, you just got home," she panted, hips bucking into my hand when it curved over her hip and slipped between her thighs. "I made dinner. Don't you want to eat?"

"Oh I want to eat," I answered huskily, pushing my henley up to her neck to reveal miles of her smooth amber skin with one hand, and working my fingers up and down her clothed slit with the other.

"Food, James. I meant food."

"That's not what I meant," I moved the material aside and pressed my fingers in just enough to coat my fingers and brought them to my lips while she watched me wide eyed with lust. I moaned heatedly when I slipped them past my lips, tasting her. "Fuck you taste good, baby."

She whimpered when I moved down, licking along her stomach and pressing my wet fingers back into her. "Wa-shit- wait," she moaned, grabbing my wrist and halting my efforts. "Hold on, please."

I hesitated, looking down to see the reluctance in her eyes. I withdrew my fingers. "What's wrong?"

She chewed her lip worriedly. "I...I got you a present."

"Oh, well thank you, can I open it later? I'm kinda in the middle of something-."

"I really want you to open it now," she insisted.

"Okay, where is it?"

I sat back when she sat up, pulling the henley down to her thighs and walking out of our bedroom. I sat on the bed and waited, hearing her soft footsteps returning and seeing her holding a small red gift bag with tissue paper sticking out of it in her hands. She offered me the bag, which I took, and sat on the bed beside me, crossing her legs and chewing her bottom lip again. She was practically buzzing with nervousness, I could hear her heart racing.

"You okay?" I asked, reaching into the gift bag to feel something smooth wrapped in tissue paper.

She nodded absently, eyes on the bag in my hands.

I pulled whatever it was out, and removed the tissue paper, seeing it was a plain black coffee mug. I kept the confused frown from my face. I didn't drink coffee, something Jade knew.

"Umm thank you, Sugar," I said looking up to find her staring at me.

"Turn it over," she said pointing to the cup.

I did as she said, turning the cup over in my hands to see "#1 Dad" printed in large white letters across the side. This time I didn't bother to hide the confused frown. Why would she-?

It dawned on me abruptly and I felt my face fall and my eyes widen.

***

I'd been feeling nauseous for two days before Bucky had left with Sam and Steve on a mission, but attributed it to the Thai food that Iris and I had for lunch not agreeing with me. When the nausea didn't go away I began to worry I was getting sick, there was a stomach flu going around at work, but it was Iris who had pointed out to me the possibility I might be pregnant.

"Maybe you're knocked up?" she'd said sitting on the couch in me and Bucky's apartment while I made us both dinner. She usually came to stay while Bucky was gone, I didn't like being alone and Bucky liked that I had someone there. Dimitri was still out there, Hydra was still out there, though there hadn't been a peep from them in three years, I was still worried about the threat.