Bonus Chapter: When Bucky Met Jade.

The club was loud.

Too damn loud.

And there were people everywhere.

I was suddenly questioning why I had decided to come out again. It was probably to get away from Steve and his hovering, Stark's generally annoying face, and to escape the compound that was beginning to feel like a damn prison. I never spent time with Thor. I could count on one hand how many times we'd interacted outside of a mission, but for some reason when he had asked who wanted to join him for a night out, I had raised my hand while everyone else avoided his gaze. There had been multiple blinks of surprise, a few arched eyebrows, and Steve had said 'really Bucky?', which had only made me want to go all the more.

And here I stood, leaning against the bar, on my 7th beer, which was having zero effect, and wishing like hell I was back in my room reading. Thor, on the other hand, was having a great time, wearing that huge and too wide smile, surrounded by women and completely oblivious to the fact that I was not having a good time.

After he had gotten us into the club for free on just his name alone, he was swarmed almost immediately, nearly forgetting my presence as I made a beeline for the bar while he stopped to take photos and sign autographs and be that giant enthusiastically happy god that the people had come to know and love.The crowd had dispersed some, but there was still three ladies that were glued to his side, listening to him regal them with tales of his home realm and his brother. They were hanging on his every word.

Christ, I wish I could get drunk. I took the last swig of my beer before motioning for another from the bartender. Perhaps if I drank fast enough my body wouldn't be able to process it quick enough and I could at least get a buzz.

I got my eighth beer and took a long drink, turning around and leaning my back against the bar to do some people watching when Thor approached, the girls on his tail.

"Ah, Sergeant Barnes, my friend," he called loudly over the music. I arched an eyebrow at him. Friend? He could use that term very loosely. "Are you well? Need another drink, perhaps? These are my new friends," he motioned to the women standing not too far behind him. "Norns, I can't for the life of me remember their names," he shrugged chuckling to himself. I didn't care anyway. "I have offered to buy them drinks. Can I get you another?"

"Do you even have money?" I asked.

Thor shrugged again. "I never have to pay for anything. So I suppose I am not really buying them drinks then..." he laughed.

Of course he doesn't pay for anything. I rolled my eyes. "Alcohol doesn't have any effect on me. I am drinking it for the taste," I held up the beer.

Thor frowned. "No effect, eh? Perhaps something stronger then?" He reached into his coat pocket and withdrew a circular flask. He seemed hesitant to offer it to me. "This is brewed for Gods though and may be too much for a mere mortal man."

I scoffed. "I am no mere mortal man. I am a super soldier. I can handle some Asgardian alcohol. Give me that thing."

I took it from his hands and twisted off the top. Thor seemed hesitant. "Sergeant Barnes, I must warn you the side effects for mortals can be quite intense-."

"Yeah, yeah," I said taking a drink.

It was like drinking hot sauce. I managed one swallow before I was coughing and sputtering. "Jesus Christ...what the hell is in this..." I managed between coughs.

Thor's large hand clapped me on the shoulder. "Ah so many wonderful things from my home realm," he sighed and I admittedly was momentarily frightened about what I had just drank. "Worry not my friend. You'll be feeling most happy in moments. The good thing about Asgardian brew is that it only gives you a warm fuzzy feeling, doesn't leave you too drunk... but tomorrow you'll wake up with the worst hangover of your life and probably not remember a thing about tonight."