Envelopes

(Yo why did I just gain a bunch of followers? Like over 100 in a day.)

Y/N's POV

I wish I could say things improved over the next few days.

But the reality is, it got worse, way worse.

Tensions steadily increased in rapid paces. Everyone was on edge, even the adults, although they tried their best to hide it.

Dolores' gift was once again sabotaged several times, but nothing happened during those periods. It's become so frequent that we already know what to do when it starts.

On top of all the stress, that nightmare I had just kept coming back. I started losing a lot of sleep because of it.

And Victoria.

She was worse than ever.

She couldn't have picked a better time to be a bitch.

"Y/N, you need to eat something, don't skip breakfast." Ben approached where I was sitting outside.

"Okay, I'll grab something later." I waved him off.

"What are you doing out here anyways?"

"Trying to get sunlight."

"What sunlight?"

He was right.

Clouds were covering the sky in thick bunches. No sunlight could penetrate through it.

"I honestly do not know." I admitted.

"So you have no reason to be out here? Great! Now come and eat, I made waffles." Ben pulled me inside.

"Seriously no reaction? I made waffles! WAFFLES!" Ben said when I sat down unbothered.

"Sorry, I'm tired, like really tired." I sighed.

"I know I'm the last person who should be telling you this, but you should get more sleep."

"You're right. You are the last person who should be telling me that." I said and he laughed. "Oh yeah, Mirabel's gonna be here soon." I reminded him.

"Alright."

The rest of breakfast went... normal, I guess? Nothing important happened, that is until I heard someone walk into the house.

"Y/NNN..." Mirabel called out.

"That's my cue to leave, bye Ben." I got up and quickly rinsed my dishes. "Give me a sec Mirabel!"

I slipped my bag over my shoulder and went to meet Mirabel.

When Mirabel saw me me she quickly dragged me outside.

"What's the rush?" I asked.

"You'll see let's go now." She pulled me along.

Very small time skip

"Mirabel..." she looked at me innocently, "Why are we in front of Victoria's house!?" I snapped.

"This is why I brought you here before telling you..." she smiled nervously, "We are... investigating!"

"Investigating?"

"Yeah, remember what Ben said about someone possibly sneaking into the Encanto through families. Well. I found out the Torres family apparently has some relatives who came here about a week ago. And who would house someone who might be trying to kill you. Victoria!"

"Yeah she hates me, I know, but don't you think this is a bit far-fetched."

"No."

"So what are we doing?" I sighed.