chapter two

"CAN I SIT here?" Tumingin kami pareho ni Carol sa nagsalita at napatigil sa pagkain. Carol rolled her eyeballs at the back of her head and nudges my elbow before barring her teeth. It was an acquiantance of Carol that always render her to beckon such hostility, then thereafter, scoff.

"No." She scoff.

I tore my gaze and dismiss her pointed look.

"Hindi kita kinakausap. Papansin ka talaga." He countered.

"Papansin? Ako? Sayo?" Carol pointed herself and let out a laugh.

"Sayo?" She repeated now pointing to Rain.  Napatawa ito and slap her leg.

"If I would know a guy named Achilles, he'll be sitting in that chair. Now, scram, man. That sit will be occup......"

The exchange of nonsense continue thus my refusal to listen to such counters anymore. Their childish discussion muffled along with the cafeteria's buzzing students.

If an individual dare to ask me about my talent and proficiency - ignoring can be my answer.

Yes, inner peace.

If only an existence of a human being does not demand the necessity of acquaintances and the very nature of growing into usual, I would be certainly not here. 

But alas, I may have grown into them. As much as you can deny the possible relation, persistency and consistency greatly associates with this children that beckons such denial into quite not possible. The children's presence embed such habitual standard that I cannot keep them away as much as the constant dislike of their presence.

And I am a sucker with navigation thus my necessity of their aid. That, at least, pose the utility for my benefit.

"Brook.." I startled when Rain suddenly brought my name. It interfered from my constructed peace.

Ano na naman? Nakanguso si Rain na parang batang nagsusumbong. A sighed of exhaustion demanded from my exhale, before I decided to discontinue my poking from the food. 

"Make her shut up.." He diverted his attention and now I am able to feel the constant nudges of Carol. I sighed again and drop my utensils, exerting my arms as far as her's as possible.

"Refuse to respond, Rain. I will be beyond glad when you both get the idea of shutting up." I addressed like a mother to this children.

Rain dramatically clasped his chest and acted na parang nasaksaktan. He gaped and was about to partake something when I decided to interfere. 

Carbohydrates. I need another supply of carbohydrates.

"Entertaining such irrationality - this constant disputes, I mean. Nakakasakit na sa ulo." I started muttering.

"But you keep doing it. You have your own world. And I swear, your remaining brain cells basically revolve around this .... arguments - language, couple tend to have."

What do you call that again?

Ah, love language.

"What do you mean?" Carol is unable to process my means, I see.

"This patience, usual and enjoyment you have - you both have that when you two talk. As much as I do not appreciate your irrelevant exchange, I am able to sense the amusement when you're doing such... hypocrisy."

Carol partake a confusing look then transitioned into withering as her brainwaves process my statement.

Rain busied himself drinking his water.