3). LA Livin'

Nyrobi

"Wake up girls!" My mom yells into the living room like we're kids

"Maaaaaa" I dramatically call out.

"Girl don't Ma me. Get up. We gotta go shopping for your move. Come on. Kia, get yo ass up too," she says, snatchin' covers and pillows while we groan, "Nobody told y'all fast tail selves to be out partying all night."
I barely remember last night. That shit is a blur.

"Imma just go home mama T. I don't feel well, at all."

"Me neither, Ki. I dont remember shit." My mom pops my head immediately after I curse then turns towards Kia

"Okay baby. I'll see you later. Ny, you better bring yo ass." She warns and throws me an outfit she picked out, "choo choo. I got placed to be and a person to do."

"EEEEEWWWW MA!" Kia and I both laugh.

Our day consisted of shopping and getting my shit together. Momma made sure my grown spoiled ass was good on everything! I mean she went all out for me. After shopping was dinner and time to talk

"You know that you moving far away is nerve racking for me too, right?" My mom asks as she takes a bite of her steak and i look up at her

"I know ma. I don't want to leave."

"No honey, you need to leave. You've outgrown this city. Especially with all the bullshit ya baby daddy got goin on. That crazy muthafucka might come try something else with you."

"Torian won't mama. I know him."

"You know him? Shittin me. That man is damn near my age. I grew up callin his daddy 'Big Unc'. He acts just like that man. The apple don't fall far from the tree babygirl. You is necessary. You gotta put you first."

"This conversation is not motivating me to leave next week ma. If anything, I want to stay cause what if he tries something with you or Naj while I'm away? I'd be sick."

"That boy not dumb and clearly his issues are with you and only you," putting her fork down she continues, "and no matter what that nigga is, I know he won't hurt his child. He loves Najah  just as much as you if not more. He just...I don't know chile. The nigga different. But I warned you before you started doin it with that man." I hate she starts talking about his age.

"I guess. You talked to TT Missy?"

"Yup. She has the guest house all set up for you. She's excited. Trying to get me to move out there too."

"You might as well. Since daddy left, I've had separation anxiety and I really can't be away from you for long. I get nauseous just thinking about it."

"Well you better take some anti-nausea meds cause you goin'. Whether you like it or not. You're still suffering from depression and anxiety and not to mention school. Aside from Naj, your focus lately has been everywhere else besides your priorities."