Ang Orasyon ng mga Kwentista

I know that there are so many people out there who want to write but are reluctant to commit themselves into writing because they are either afraid or ashamed that their writing might not be good, that it might be full of grammatical errors, that they might just come up with a boring stuff---a monsterpiece instead of a masterpiece.

Here's my tip. Recite this mantra silently and with eyes closed before you write and you'll be whipping up something in no time at all:

I AM ALLOWED TO WRITE CRAP.

I AM ALLOWED TO WRITE SH*T.

I AM ALLOWED TO WRITE CRAP.

This is also my mantra and so far it has helped me put those ideas that have been swirling in my head into writing. I do not expect to write a masterpiece for my first draft. In fact, if you'll see my drafts, you'll doubt if it was really me who wrote it and not a Grade 1 Section 11 pupil. Just write something about the idea in your head. Nevermind if it's chock-full of grammatical errors and that the writing is, well, a piece of crap. Just write. That is the most important thing for you to do at this point. Put something---even sh*t will do---into that blank MS word document. 

Now, how do you transform it into a beautiful literary masterpiece? Or into a readable piece of written work? Two magic words will do, amigos: REWRITE and EDIT. 

REWRITE. EDIT. EDIT. REWRITE. REWRITE. EDIT. EDIT REWRITE. REWRITE. EDIT. EDIT REWRITE. REWRITE. EDIT. 

Whoaalaa! You just transformed a masturbatory piece of crap into an elegantly written masterpiece comparable to Shakespeare's works! Bravo!  

Well, not really. But at least, you've made it more readable and entertaining than your first draft. 

Keep Writing!