Chapter Six: Before Breakfast

I woke up to Rowan standing over me with a huge toothy grin. His brown hair covering his eyebrows and his brown eyes twinkling with mischief.

“Wakey, wakey, Sleeping Beauty!” he chimed.

“Whaaaat?” I groaned. “Do we have to be up by a certain time?”

Rowan checked his watch, “Well, breakfast is at nine thirty. But, we really don’t need to get up until the end of lunch which is at around ten thirty.”

“What time is it?”

“Six forty-five,” Rowan smiled. “Now, up, up, up!”

I threw my pillow at his grinning face.

“No! There is no need to get up this early… No freaking way am I getting up this early. You go back to bed. I’ll get up at nine or something. Go away, you early rising freak,” I spat. 

He grinned evilly. Oh crap. What was he doing?

Without a word, Rowan threw off the covers grabbed me by the feet and pulled me off the bed. He dragged me across the floor and to the dresser. He stepped on my feet and then pulled me up by the hands so that I was standing up.

“I have placed you by your dresser so that you can get dressed,” he said with that goofy smile still playing on his lips. 

“But I’m not getting dressed because I’m not getting up. It’s too early. Don’t you get it? I’m going back to bed,” I groaned. 

I had no time to turn around because he started to unbutton my shirt.

“Ack! What are you doing?!” I squeaked.

“You aren’t undressing, so I thought I would do it for you,” he stated.

“That’s a little… inappropriate, don’t you think?” I said, pulling my buttons closed. 

“You need help getting Autumn, right?”

“Right.”

“You need her to think you’re straight, right?”

“Right.”

“It all starts with the clothes. We need to start early. So, I woke you up early and we are at your dresser. Pick some stuff out and I will say yes or no. Then get dressed,” Rowan said.

I stared at him blankly.

“Uh… okay… but when I get dressed, can you please turn around?”

He laughed, “No problemo.”

“Thanks.”

After I got dressed, we walked into our little bathroom that we shared and faced the mirror. I envied Rowan, but would never tell him that. It just wasn’t something dudes did. He had the looks that girls liked and could probably get any kind of girl that he wanted, but he wanted Abi, strangely enough. Abi, the anorexic. Then again, I wanted a girl with multiple personalities. I mentally shrugged. We both belonged in a mental hospital.

“Maybe if we fixed your hair, Autumn will look at you with those adorable green eyes,” Rowan said, I think mockingly.

I looked at him and he was batting his eyelashes. Yes, he was mocking me. I shoved him against the mirror.

“Hey, now, no pushy-pushy,” he laughed. “Do you want this girl or not?” 

“Yes, I want this girl,” I grumbled. How embarrassing. I didn’t know that Rowan knowing about this crush would be so humiliating. Did he really have to rub it in like this?