xiii.

|

          .‧ ‧.
—· · · · ⋆꒷꒦‧₊˚𓆩♡𓆪˚₊‧꒦꒷⋆ · · · ·—
| ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 13 |
˚₊‧

"Please Shinobu..."

My uncharacteristic whine that deemed childlike and needy was ignored by the older women who continued to crush a mixture of herbs.

"No Y/n."

"It's been two days...I think I've spent enough time healing," I sighed, tiredly leaning against her worktop, "You've even banned visitors, I don't think I'm in that deadly of a condition, rather I feel fine—"

"Don't you want to stay with me?"

"I'm sorry?"

"Why do you want to leave so bad."

"...Well I feel like I'm in prison. I just want to train or go walk around. Not stare outside a window all day with nothing to do."

"Don't you like me teaching you medicine?" Shinobu's voice was laced with disappointment but I stood my ground, believing her actions were much too far for my condition. All the resting had me physically weaker, Shinobu wouldn't mention it, but I could tell.

"Of course I do Shinobu, it intrigues me."

"Then why leave?"

"It won't help me Shinobu," I said, looking at the herbs that trailed the walls of her experimentation room, "Your talent is this, this is how you kill demons. However, I'm not the same. I enjoy your teachings and I can learn many things from them. But it's not my passion."

"But Y/n, please—"

"Shinobu, all I'm asking is to train, have some free time, go out on a walk. It's not like I'm leaving forever," giving her a pleading look, she dropped her shoulders in defeat.

"Alright Y/n, don't leave me forever."

ਏਓ 。 ゚

Taking a breath of fresh air, I stretched out my arms, hearing a few cracks.

Hastily making my way away from the Butterfly estate before Shinobu changed her mind, my mind wondered if there would be anyone at the training site.

The training site was as simple as a well kept large grass area with scattered targets. I personally had never used it as all my training was under the supervision of the Ubuyashiki household.

Growing closer and closer I heard the clashing of wood against wood.

Finally making my way up the hill I came to see a set of exhausted figures, recognizing them as the water pillar, Giyu Tomioka, and the flame pillar, Rengoku Kyojuro. Both of them stood across from each other about two meters apart. Red hands gripped tightly onto the wooden sticks as sweat trickled down both their foreheads.

Deciding it was best to leave the two alone, I turned on my heels and started my journey back down the stone path.

Only after my first step did I feel sets of eyes staring into the back of my head.