The Python's Return (Story 15 - Part 5)

Start from the beginning

Venno frowned as she turned to Jerry, the Velociraptor demoness not happy.

"No, we didn't. I know you may think that I'm not over the fact that I broke up with him, but I honestly have. I do appreciate you worrying about me, though" said Venno, the Velociraptor demoness smiling and crossing her arms when she mentioned the last part.

Jerry took a slow puff from his cigarette before nodding in understanding.

"If you say so. I just wanted to know if you could bring him in without any problems from him. You and Barry both did great on this one" said Jerry, the Spider demon giving Venno and Barry a small smile.

Barry was shocked to hear this, the Wolf Hound demon having thought that Jerry still disliked him for some reason.

"Thanks boss" said Barry, the Wolf Hound demon smiling gratefully before returning his attention back to Fiona, the Pomeranian demoness now getting up from her seat and walking into the viewing room.

"Ok, so Mrs.Fang says that she only took a few things, and was going to leave the money when she got it. I believe she is telling the truth, so maybe we can consider letting her go and have her apologize and give the shop owners the money for what she stole" began Fiona, the Pomeranian demoness reading the notes she had written down on her clipboard.

Jerry took a slot puff from his cigarette, his arms crossed as he took a moment to think before nodding.

"Sure, that can work. Can't blame a person for just wanting to dress nicely anyway, so she can go ahead and apologize and pay up for the things she stole. Call and ask the new sheriff to ensure she does, will you?" said Jerry, tapping his cigarette with his finger.

Fiona smiled and nodded before she frowned, the Pomeranian demoness glancing down at her clipboard.

"As for her son, he said that the only reason why he wasn't taking his job seriously was because he couldn't stop thinking about his ex girlfriend. Stated that he began missing her when he first became the sheriff, and was trying to forget about what had happened between them" said Fiona, the Pomeranian demoness speaking nervously, unsure whether she should have even said this.

This caught Venno's attention, the Velociraptor demoness refraining from snarling.

"I hope he got another girlfriend who broke up with him after the last time we saw, because as far as I know, I was the last girl he had dated" said Venno, frowning as she crossed her arms, her fists clenched.

Fiona shook her head, the Pomeranian demoness' ears lowering as she raised her clipboard to hide her face.

"No, he mentioned it was you" said Fiona, the Pomeranian demoness looking as if she was afraid.

Venno remained silent as Jerry snuck a quick glance over at her while Barry now looked concerned.

The Velociraptor demoness then got up and walked into the interview room before anyone could even say nothing to stop her, even shocking Jerry and causing him to quickly stand up, but the Spider demon remained in the room as he and the two Canine demons watched from the viewing room.

"So, is it true that you didn't take your job seriously because you started missing me?" asked Venno bluntly, the Velociraptor demoness narrowed her eyes as she glared at the Python demon, causing him to look shocked.

"What?" asked Eric, the Python demon trying to play dumb as his mother rolled her eyes.

"Of course he does. He even told me several times" said Mrs.Fang, the Rattlesnake demoness crossing her arms.

Eric hissed before he sighed and hung his head, nodding.

"Why? I know you were only dating me to make some other girl jealous. Why would you miss me?" asked Venno simply, the Velociraptor demoness genuinely curious.