11 you look so happy when i'm not with you

Start from the beginning

"there's this stall where you can receive a free almond tofu if you win the game," xiao began as the three of them were about to leave the himbo, till itto surged in front of them and prevented them from walking away.

"hey, uh— i was meant to get on a ride with this boy, but not only did you people steal my venue, but you're also snatching him away from me!" itto attempted to snare you from albedo, but the ashy blond-haired boy held his grip on yours.

"y/n was never yours," xiao remarked, glaring at the person with red horns from his statement. albedo hummed in agreement before stating, "pardon us—"

itto abruptly cut him off, saying, "i'm leaving you two alone as long as i can spend my time with him." the two attractive boys definitely disagreed. they began to squabble, with xiao utterly insulting him and making the situation far more personal than it was supposed to be.

you stood in the middle of them, and itto drew you towards him, then albedo drew you back, then itto drew you again, and so on. the poor you let them be until they start to irritate you.

"how about this?" you proposed to albedo and xiao, drawing their attention and bringing the argument to a halt, allowing you to continue, "we simply tag itto along, so this himbo won't bother us."

"he better not be obnoxious if he's with us," the two considered for a moment before responding, "alright."

well, the idea wasn't that horrible

well, the idea wasn't that horrible. the four of them went on a number of rides, with itto generally yelling at the top of his lungs, and itto eventually ended up in a ramen eating battle with a fox lady named yae.

that chance caused the members of the host club to flee from him, something itto did not notice until after he had won the competition.

now the three of you were walking past, a few meters away from the ramen shop where itto is currently in. albedo, on the other hand, held to your hand and didn't seem to care to let you go. you simply brushed it off and let it be.

there was another awkward silence, and xiao appeared to be third-wheeling the two, which made him sneer when he saw albedo's hand on yours, prompting the male to take your other hand as well.

now that she's holding both of their hands, it caught the h/c-haired girl off guard. albedo frowned slightly when he realized it, but xiao never bothered to look at her.

"where do you guys want to go next?" you enquired, hoping to dispel the strange tension between the two. albedo was deep in contemplation as xiao responded with a shrug, and then an idea sprang into albedo's head.

"how about the kamisato siblings' booth? it's mainly about japanese teas and snacks. we can have some tea to revitalize ourselves." "sure!" you nodded at albedo's suggestion, which elicited a smile from you.

xiao took out the festival map, which included markings and names for each stall. the trio then started walking towards the booth, making sure they didn't get lost in the process. they walked towards the booth as soon as their eyes caught sight of it.

there uncovered, thoma cleaning the stall, the shiba taromaru sitting on the counter, and ayaka modifying the tea set while ayato was speaking with one of the customers. it was apparent that their stall is running admirably.

as the three approached their booth, ayato recognized them and smiled. "welcome, aren't you the special student?" he pointed out, his attention falling on you.

when ayato is discreetly examining you, the two of them let go of your hands and xiao brought you closer to him.

"yeah, y/n's the name," you responded, smiling at him, and he smiled back with a charming smile. you weren't going to lie, his smile is far more enticing than the other members of the host club.

albedo coughed awkwardly and started citing their orders, attracting the older kamisato's attention to him.

"three matcha teas."

END OF CHAPTER 11 !

⟶ kamisato ayato is a year older than y/n! he's basically y/n's upperclassmen

chapter written; february 17 2022