chapter 8

PRESENT 

Lan xichen came in the evening and saw 2 big doe eyes looking at him . The boy looked like a photocopy of his brother's younger self except for the toothy smile. He picked up his nephew , he often visites them in new york but last two years he was busy with destroying the wens completly.

" A-yuan , do you remember uncle ?"he asked him.

" Uncle Xichen " he said and smiled widely

" Hey that's not fair you never call me uncle " jiang cheng is grumpy early in the morning .

" Because chengcheng meanie " he replied innocently .

" You brat"

Wei wuxian is happy to see xichen .He ran to hug him like he always did. He didn't ask anything about lan wangji ,neither did the elder talk about his brother .They discussed about jingyi's upcoming birthday birthday.

" A-xian , don't you think you should tell wangji about A-yuan ? yanli tried as everyone else was scared .

" Why should I he is no one " he told in a stern voice but they noticed the pain in that sentence.

Nobody argued as they knew him. The only way he will listen to the truth is from wangji's mouth and they will and should meet on jingyi's birthday .

Lan wangji was sad that he didn't get a call from A-yuan for few days now.He tried calling but they said boss is not available . He was growing tense thinking what happened to him.

Jingyi's birthday came and wei wuxian was nervous .Will I see him, should I avoid him ?He came to know about the death of the wen's in which they met with an accident and drowned in the river .He wondered if wangji is sad about his lover's death. Was he really in love with her?

Lan wangji wasn't informed about wei wuxian's return . He got ready like he usually does and took the gifts he brought for jingyi .He then looked at the toys he brought for his 'savior angel' , A-yuan . He might never see him but he couldn't stop himself form getting toys for him .He was missing the giggles and laughs of that little angel .Did his parents found and prohibited him from calling , why isn't he picking up ,Is he alright ? these were his thoughts these days.

Wei wuxian was nervous and scared too . He was scared that what if wangji looks at him with hatered . He don't know if he should tell about their son, what if he reject A-yuan ? Jiang cheng, yanli and xichen have been watching his behavior .

" Wangji might not be able to attend today's party " he said to yanli loud enough for wuxian's ears.

" What happened meetings again ?" yanli asked back understanding her husbands intention.

" yes "

They noticed a jumble of emotions on wei wuxian's face . Relief , sadness , confuse and then he pouted .

Wen qing came with wen ning and song lan . After breaking 2 chairs and threatening jiang cheng and after a whole lot chaos she agreed on her precious baby brother's relationship with an assassin . Yanli asked her to take wei ying away with her to pick up the cake fearing he might die of anxiety .Wuxian too is scared of wen qing who is an replica of his adoptive mother , yu mama immediately tailed behind her in silence .

Lan wangji came and greeted everyone .He was surprised to see jiang cheng .Jiang cheng greeted him and invited him for their wedding . He searched for his bunny, hoping he might be here to attend his brother's wedding but he saw no such figure . His nephew came with a little boy who looks a bit older than him .

" Happy birthday jingyi " lan wangji wished his nephew and picked him up . He saw another big doe eyes looking at him as if he is inspecting the intruder . The first thing wangji think is 'why is this kid looking a lot like me?'. He bend down and picked up the doe eyed boy to . Unknown to him 7 people where watching them .