Alice

Mama loves me.

Mama loves me. She's sick, she's doesn't know that she hurts me. She's just sick. I forgive her, forgive for beating me, forgive for starving me, forgive her for using me. She's sick and it's only right to forgive because the man above would want you to do so. She doesn't know, it's not her fault. Oh, God it's not her fault. She doesn't know what's right from wrong. It's the drugs god, it's the alcohol god. It's manipulating her to pursue these actions. God, it isn't her, I know it's not. Even when I'm left dry and unstable, after she used her stick to struck every last bone in me. No matter how much it hurts, I will love her and forgive her.

I may sound naïve or delusional, but I believe. I believe that one day, if I may live to see the day of light. She will recover. She will recover from being the devils wicked spun. She will recover and learn to love me like I love her.

Even when her no good boyfriend uses me for his own pleasure. I still forgive her and even when something in me fights to forgive him as well. As I lay flat on the wooded floor, watching the water from my tear leave a mark on my diary, I let my writing do the speaking. Knowing that I had no voice in this and I can't possible put a stop to it, maybe this diary will touch a thousands hearts.

Maybe one day, my mama will read with her own too eye the love I always had for her.

Sweat, blood, tears that I've shed. Wouldn't compare to times I've prayed for the love from you to be fed.

Mama loves me.

Alice