Chapter One:A Dire Change

Hey, guys. This chapter is going to be about your back story and how you got to Stardew Valley, so Sebastian won't be introduced until the next one. So, in this story, your parents were both abusive and drank all of the time. They eventually kicked you out of the house, forcing you to have no choice but live on your own, getting a job at Joja to pay for what you needed to survive.

Also, I'm not trying to make any other X Reader fan fictions look bad, but most Y/Ns in the story aren't interesting at all and have no personality. Why would Sebastian like someone like that? If I were him, I wouldn't like them at all. So, I tried my best to give this Y/N some kind of personality to make them more interesting. Hopefully, it sounds like you. If it doesn't, I apologize. Just keep reading. I'll try to make the ending as good as possible.

Thanks for reading this.

-🍄

Tap, tap, tap.

I sighed as I sat in my cubicle, typing away at the computer.

My parents kicked me out last year and I had no choice but to find a job, so I could afford a new place to live. That's how I ended up here, working at Joja. Sitting in this empty cubicle with nothing but a computer and a bland cup of coffee.

I sighed, continuing to type as I stared at the bright screen.

Tap, tap, tap.

The tapping seemed to get louder and faster as my mind drifted away in my thoughts.

Tap, tap, tap....

Tap, tap, tap...

Tap, tap, tap, tap, tap, ta-

"Y/N.".

I shook my head, turning around in my chair to see my boss standing above me, his arms behind his back.

"Could you meet me at my office after your lunch break please?".

I gulped nervously and nodded as he turned around and walked away and I got back to work on my computer.

Soon enough, lunch break came around and I finished my regular turkey and cheese sandwich with mayonnaise and  made my way to my boss's office. I nervously stepped inside, seeing my boss sitting at the desk, his hands folded on the table.

"Go ahead and sit down , Y/N.", he said. "I need to talk to you.".

I gulped again, pulling out the chair in front 0f his desk out and quickly sitting down, sitting up straight and folding my hands on my lap as well.

"Listen, Y/N...", my boss said. "I know that you're struggling, but you've been slacking off lately...".

I wanted to interrupt, but I stayed quiet, trying to take deep breaths.

"You can't keep doing this, Y/N...I'm going to have to let you go.".

I tried to reply calmly, but I panicked and shot up out of my chair. "But sir, you don't understand! Please don't fire me! I'll have nowhere to go...I'll do better, I promise!".

"I'm sorry, Y/N. But you'll have to find another job or something. I'm sure that you'll figure it out on your own.".

My boss sighed and carefully stood up, quietly walking out of the office as he left me behind, staring at the empty door way, thoughts over flowing my mind.