1. PROLOGUE

THERE WAS AN EERIE SILENCE IN THE NIGHT, the mansion almost the quietest it had ever been

THERE WAS AN EERIE SILENCE IN THE NIGHT, the mansion almost the quietest it had ever been. Everyone asleep after a busy day of lessons.

Until it wasn't.

A resounding boom filled the air, panicked students falling from beds and fleeing their rooms in search of where the noise came from. In search of help.

"What the hell was that?" Scott Summers asked panicked catching up with his brother Alex as he exited his room pulling his shirt over his head.

"I don't know, I need to find the professor." he answered back quickly, glancing around at the students who were in a panic. "Look gather everyone in the library alright?"

Scott nodded, parting ways with his brother and beginning to herd people to the library. Calmly guiding those who tried to go to the front door the other way with the help of his girlfriend.

Alex continued going thankful for his brothers help. He cursed as he almost ran right into Hank and Raven on the way.

"What the hell was that noise?" He questioned, getting no answer as they all continued walking. "Are we being attacked?"

"Trust me, that's no attack" Eric Leshnerr told them seemingly appearing out of nowhere, making them look over in surprise.

"Then what was it?" Questioned Raven as they all halted.

Eric said nothing simply pointing out the window, they crowded near it peering out it. Trying to catch a glimpse of whatever it was that made the sound. A car was crashes into the gate, the front totalled.

"A car crash?" Hank said what they where all thinking. "A car crash caused that noise?"

"A mutant car crash caused that noise" Eric told them, making them turn to him once again.

"A mutant caused this?" Raven asked a frown on her face. "That's a nasty crash, how many where in there?"

Eric shrugged beginning to walk down the corridor leading towards the doors.

"I don't know, I was on my way down to help." he told them as the others caught up. "Charles's is down there already."

They arrived at the car quickly seeing Charles studying it.

"How many are there?" Raven asked once they where in ear shot.

"Six: four girls and two boys." Charles told looking at the car in concern. "No major injuries, Driver has a concussion, the four in the back are fine just knocked out. The girl in the passenger seat however seems to have caused this."

The new comers looked at the passenger seat's side trying to catch a glimpse of the one responsible. A powerful mutant they assumed, but why cause a crash and hurt her friends?

"Total accident of course." Charles mused seeing the looks on there faces. And probably hearing there thoughts. " They seem to have been trying to get away from something, something is stopping me from seeing what though." he added as an after thought, seeming to be deep in thought himself.

Alex walked closer to the rear of the car, wincing slightly at the wreck it was. He gingerly touched it before hissing and quickly bringing his hand back and shaking it.

"What? Alex what's the matter?" Raven questioned quickly coming over beside him, putting a hand on his shoulder.

"It's freezing." he told her making the others except Charles come over to take a look. He instead continued to look intently at the car.

The car door opening made them all turn in shock, a blonde girl tumbling out heading straight for the ground.

Alex being the closest quickly caught her before she could hit the ground fully.

Her head had blood leaking down the side of it and her eyes dazedly looked around taking in her surroundings. She groaned slightly in pain before looking up and noticing she was being held up.

Her eyes widened in fear slightly but she didn't move, clearly not having the strength to.

"Hey you're okay."Alex assured her, as he adjusted his grip on her. "You're fine. You're safe don't worry."

She blinked several times continuing to stare up at him half out of it, before passing out again.

Leaving him to stare at the girl who looked half dead in his arms.