Quiet Internal Rebellions

Content Warning // fatphobic and body-shaming comments

"Don't matter where are you are
It'll catch right up to you
You can try to resist the feeling"
             - Poor Fake, Kelsey Lu

It had been a couple weeks since that chill autumn day.  The days were only getting colder, and the trees were now completely bare.

Mr Cheese was lying in bed coloring.  He heard the faint sound of the door opening downstairs and rushed to help TheGentleman put groceries away.

"Hello, darling," TheGentleman greeted Mr Cheese, handing him a bag.  Mr Cheese ruffled through it, seeing the things TheGentleman decided to get before putting it away.

Mr Cheese started sorting through another bag.  He tilted his head.  "Did you get the Oreos?" He had been looking forward to them all week.

"Yep!  They're in that big one right there," TheGentleman pointed before facing away again as he stacked their shelves.

Mr Cheese put a couple more things away, including the Oreos.  He then went to hug TheGentleman, earning a quick tensing up from the taller man before he relaxed into the hug.  TheGentleman would often freeze up at unexpected touch, but he had gotten more used to Mr Cheese doing it and grew to like it, which Mr Cheese knew.

"Mr Cheese," TheGentleman started softly as Mr Cheese's arms wrapped around his waist, "aren't we supposed to be putting the groceries away?"

"Yes," Mr Cheese giggled, nuzzling more into TheGentleman's shoulder.

"Well... I must admit being with you like this is more pleasant..."

Mr Cheese nodded.  "Of course it is..." he swayed back and forth.

"...But we have to hurry, so we can get to the restaurant on time!" TheGentleman continued.

Mr Cheese made a 'hmm' sound.  "I suppose.  It is cruel to deprive them of Mr Cheese."

TheGentleman let out a loud, quick laugh.  "Yes, that's right."

Mr Cheese laughed and pulled away, picking up a few more final things to put away. 

TheGentleman looked to Mr Cheese.  "Are you ready to go?"

"Yep!" Mr Cheese took TheGentleman's hand.  They walked out to the car, and Mr Cheese hooked up the Bluetooth.  He scrolled through his music library for a song to play in vain.

"What should we listen to?" Mr Cheese asked TheGentleman for help deciding as they pulled out of the driveway.  "I can't decide!"

"I am not sure, you know I can't really distinguish between your songs," TheGentleman responded.  "Besides, it's only a short drive."

"It's enough time for a song or two!  The music you listen on the way somewhere can really set the mood for the whole day."

"Is that so?" TheGentleman chuckled.

"Mm-hmm!" Mr Cheese nodded.  He went back to looking, and finally sound a song.  It started blasting on the car's speakers.  Mr Cheese sang alone and let the playlist continue when the first song finished.