"So, anyway, I don't care what teams are. Just play the sport because I really don't care what happens as long as nobody dies." She finished explaining. Everyone began picking teams. No team captains or anything. Just a free for all. Fischl looked around, trying to find a team. Nobody was really looking for her.

"May thou conjoin themselves in your guild?" Fischl asked. A few girls glanced at one another.

"Uh, sorry, we're full." One of them said.

"That is fine, I shall look elsewhere." Fischl replied. And she tried to look. That was when the teams were made. All of them. Four teams, and Fischl standing on the side. It was uneven.

"Oh." She said. The teams walked by to a net.

"Well, I shall go and work on any homework I have." She exclaimed to herself, walking the opposite direction as everyone else. She went and sat on a bench that was sticking out of the bleacher. She opened her bag and pulled out a paper from her Economics class. She began to work on it.

It was a little therapeutic, if you would call it that. She sat in silence, doing homework so that she had more free time later. She wasn't much for physical activities anyway.

As she was working, she glanced over to see Barbara set a ball for Xinyan perfectly. She watched as Xinyan jumped up and spiked the ball down at the ground on the other side. Fischl stared over, and lost focus, now staring into space. She sighed, sitting alone...

"Fischl?" A voice asked. She was broken from her daze but the familiar voice. She turned to see Barbara sweating, standing in front of her.

"Wanna swap out? I'm getting tired." She said. Fischl stared at her. She didn't know what to say.

"Uh..." She began.

"Go on already! I told Xinyan you'd go. Don't make me a liar now." Barbara laughed a bit. Fischl nodded, then quickly ran over.

"I-I'm ready!" She exclaimed...

"Nice job!" Xinyan high fived the team. They had been switching one person out every once in a while. They all went and changed.

"I just thank you six for allowing me to join in on these activities." Fischl bowed.

"No, it's alright! No problem at all!" Barbara smiled.

"Yeah! It was fun with you as well! Let's just... ignore that one serve." Xinyan added. Fischl served the ball and missed completely and fell over earlier. Fischl agreed to ignore the embarrassment...

Finally, lunch had rolled around. Bennett had collected his things and had sat down for lunch. He didn't forget his food for once. Meanwhile, Fischl did.

"My luck must be rubbing off on her." He said to himself. As he said that, going to sink a bite into his food, someone nudged his back. He turned to see who it was, and to his shock, he didn't want to know who it was.

"Yo, rubbing your luck off somewhere else now?" A boy asked. His name was Heckler. Next to him was Royce and Jack. They were upperclassmen from his old school. He was now at this new school. Bennett's relationship with them were... well, it wasn't like full bully and victim. However, they weren't on good terms at all. People often made fun of Bennett and his "bad luck." They were three big ones.

"Nope. Just trying to run from it." Bennett replied, turning away.

"Well, hope we don't see you at any events." Jack said. Bennett took another bite, not replying.

"Especially the Summer Festival. We don't want you ruining that whole show." Royce added.

"Fireworks and bad luck, that's not a good combination. Just imagine the consequences with explosions." Jack commented, emphasizing the explosions. At that moment, thoughts ran through Bennett's head. Thoughts referring to said explosions and his bad luck. He hated it. He hated himself. He didn't want to be there if that would happen. He didn't want to be blamed. He didn't want something like that happening...

"Why hello comrades! Does thou have affiliation with Bennett here?" A voice asked. Bennett looked up from his sandwich. Fischl was there with a tray of food. The three turned to her.

"Yeah. What about you?" Heckler asked.

"Well, you see, I, the Prinzessin der Verurteilung, Fischl, have made this table as my own. However, I am allowing comrades of this land to join us in our energy restock." Fischl replied. The three were kinda confused now. Bennett stared at Fischl.

"So confident." He thought.

"If not, then you may leave. This moment of perfect for catching up on the usual exchange of words between two people." Fischl finished. The three sighed.

"Yeah yeah, alright we're going. Just speak English next time." Royce said, turning away to leave with the others. Fischl sat down directly next to Bennett.

"Hmph." Was all she said, beginning to eat. Bennett didn't say anything for a second. That all kinda happened a little too fast. He ate his food for a bit as Fischl also ate. She was a little red but was alright. Bennett swallowed his food.

"T-Thanks." He said. Fischl sighed.

"No worries! Moments like those are times we could all need assistance!" She replied. A silence followed. It lasted quite a while before Bennett went to speak.

"That was so cool though! You taught them a lesson alright!" Bennett exclaimed. Fischl turned a little red after hearing that.

"R-Really? I-I mean— O-Of course it was! I am in full capabilities to do something cool!" She exclaimed, practically glowing with a smug smile on her face. Seeing that, Bennett also smiled. It's strange how his feelings could flip in almost an instant. All because of Fischl.

"Wow..." Bennett thought to himself. Fischl went off to say something super cool, however, Bennett didn't pay much attention to it. He rested his head on his hand.

"This is such a weird feeling..." He thought to himself again. He felt happier than usual, especially after what Royce and the others were saying. Fischl laughed to herself.

"She really IS super cool." He smiled to himself. Suddenly, in his chest, he felt—

Ba Dum

"Bennett?" Fischl asked. Bennett was awoken from his daze. Fischl looked a little red.

"Huh? Y-Yeah?" He asked.

"C-Could you quit staring so intensely at me?" She asked. Bennett also turned red.

"W-What!? O-Oh! Sorry! That was an accident, I just zoned off a bit." He replied quickly. As he said that, the bell rang.

"Ah! The time has stricketh the next hour! It seems we shall go ahead and move to our next class, yes?" Fischl asked. Bennett smiled.

"Of course!" He exclaimed...