"Good morning, Aunt May," she chirped as she brushed her fingers through her hair, taking a seat at the island. A couple moments later, Peter sat beside her, his knee pressed against hers tauntingly beneath the countertop. Ignoring it, she grabbed a bowl and placed it in front of her, pouring her cereal before handing it to Peter, hurriedly working on making herself breakfast so she could shovel her mouth with food.

Peter's aunt was too engrossed in the news, and Violet naturally let her attention follow. Captain Stacy stood at the steps of the large police department, right in front of a podium with a mic as a crowd gathered in front of him. "Can you turn it up, please?" She asked, and Aunt May nodded as she cranked up the volume.

"Settle down, boys, settle down. Listen." Captain Stacy raised a hand to calm down the crowd, before he started his conference. "At approximately nine p.m last night, an incident took place on Williamsburg Bridge. Much of what occurred is merely speculation at this point. However, several eyewitnesses to the crime, as well as our own preliminary findings, have positively placed one individual at the scene."

Aunt May moved over to pour some orange juice in Peter and Violet's glass, but the two teenagers were way too focused on the press conference. Both knew exactly what had happened on that bridge, and it had shocked them to the core, so much that they had barely spoken about it since that night. What they both didn't know was that the incident was only going to continue to shock them more.

Captain Stacy continued. "Which is why, this morning, I am issuing an arrest warrant for the masked vigilante known as Spider-Man."

Peter stared at the screen for a couple seconds before scooting backwards abruptly, hopping out of his chair and grabbing his backpack, immediately exiting the kitchen. Violet stared in shock that her boyfriend was now a wanted criminal, before standing up. "We have something planned before school," she attempted to explain to Aunt May, before simply spinning on her heel and following after Peter, throwing her own backpack on her shoulder.

By the time she had made it out the front door, Peter was gone, and she assumed he had swung away. Frustration built up deep in her chest and she groaned, rolling her eyes before starting a walk down the street before Aunt May could come outside and notice Peter had seemingly disappeared.

The beginning of the school day was sadly Peter-less. Every time Violet tried to find him, or went to her locker, he just wasn't there, and she wouldn't have him in a mandatory spot until after lunch. So, she went to all of her morning classes, and worked on her homework during her free period. Since everything had started going on, she had had less time to focus on studies, so she squeezed in time whenever she could.

At lunch, her boyfriend finally reached out, with only a sole text. He asked her to meet him at the bleachers, and so she made her way there briskly, her steps heavy with determination and slight irritation. The last thing anybody needed was to be avoided after being told their boyfriend was now on New York's Most Wanted.

When she got to the bleachers, Peter was already sitting on one of the rows, digging in his backpack. She stomped her way up the steps before wheeling on him as soon as she sat down. "What the hell, Parker? We find out you're suddenly wanted by the police and you just disappear on me?" Violet gritted her teeth, hoping that it showed clearly that she was more worried than upset.

Even if she was angry, Peter knew better than to fight fire with fire. He leaned his head against her shoulder, a hand finding her knee and enveloping it in warmth. "I'm sorry. I'm still getting used to the whole girlfriend thing. But, I brought you a gift." He sat up, reaching in his bag again and pulling out a small glass jar.

"A spider? Gee, thanks," she deadpanned. She grabbed it between her pointer and index finger, holding it up so she could look directly at it. The spider was larger than she'd prefer and made her skin crawl, but it was elegant in a way. "It's beautiful."

Peter scoffed. "Knows how to bite, though." Subconsciously, he reached up to rub the back of his neck, and she turned to look at him.

"This is the spider that made you.... you?"

"In nice words, yes."

The two sat in silence for a second before Violet felt curiosity and anxiety pricking at the bottom of her throat, glancing at her boyfriend. "Does it scare you? What you can do?"

Without even missing a beat, he shook his head. "No. No." He didn't elaborate, and she didn't need him to. She knew why he liked being Spiderman, and she couldn't say she blamed him. It was rewarding enough dating a hero, she couldn't imagine what it was like actually being one.

Violet nodded. "It scares me. But I believe you're doing it for the right reasons, and I hope you know that no matter how pissed I get at some of your actions, I'm always going to be on your side, Peter. Always. Even when you're gray and frail and can't swing without dislocating a joint," she teased, nudging him with an elbow before threading her fingers through his, his hand squeezing hers in response.

His lips pulled up at the corners, and his head tilted as he raised his eyebrows at her. "How did you go from not wanting to admit you liked me to saying we're gonna spend the rest of our lives together?"

She rolled her eyes. "I'm not saying we are going to date all of our lives. But even if we break up because you find a cute superwoman or something, you're not getting rid of me that easy. We fought a big-ass lizard together, we're forever, Parker."

The answer seemed to satisfy him, and he leaned forward, his lips brushing against hers. "I'm never going to want anybody else but you, Violet Flynn. One thing you're right about is us being forever." He grinned against her lips before leaning forward to kiss her gently.

Just as she was letting everything sink in, she heard a whoosh before the smack of leather against skin, and she glanced up, startled. Peter glanced at the football in his hand before throwing it back to where it came from, and was about to get back to what he was doing when suddenly the football goal bent from the force of Peter's throw.

Violet gaped at it for a second before grabbing his hand tighter, standing and grabbing her backpack. "Let's go. You're causing too much damage. We can kiss somewhere else."

"If that's the case, let's run."

And they did. The pair sprinted back into the school, narrowly slipping into an empty classroom before they were kissing again, right out of the way of the window on the door. Violet chuckled softly at the foolishness the boy was dragging her into, and how happy she was. Despite the oddities thrown her way constantly, she still felt like she was in a teenage dream, sneaking around with a boy that stole her breath every chance he took.

She jumped up to sit on a desk and he perfectly fit himself between her legs, his hands finding her waist as he leaned back to press his forehead against hers.

"As much as I love spending every second with you, I think I'm gonna go see Dr. Connors for my free period. I want to see if he can give me any news about how I can find the Lizard. I know he's been dormant for a few days, but there's no way he won't come back. I want to be prepared when he does," he spoke, obviously determined.

Violet reached up to brush some loose strands of his unruly hair behind his ear, letting her fingers trace down the side of his neck as he softly smiled at her. "Do you want me to come with you?"

He chuckled softly, one hand moving down to her knee and tracing circles on it. "You don't have a free period, Violet, and you can't skip school, miss almost-valedictorian. You think Brown or Cambridge or Oxford or whatever Ivy League that's pining for you wants someone who skips because of their boyfriend? I'll be okay," he murmured, leaning forward to kiss her forehead before stepping back.

The girl rolled her eyes before shoving his shoulder. "Fine. But text me updates, and I'll see you after next period, got it? No more avoiding me, Parker." She gave him a pointed look.

Peter started taking steps back towards the door, giving her a salute before blowing a kiss. "I'll see you later, dear," he teased, before turning around and leaving the room, leaving her sitting in the empty classroom.

ELLIOTT SPEAKS.
just a little filler chapter in the filler part of
the movie. thank you for all of the love on
this book, and i'll try to get back to updating
as much as possible! <3