Erin attempted to pull the front door of her apartment building closed, both arms full with two storage boxes, the final things she wanted to take to the firehouse. She put them down on the small wall that edged the front steps and successfully pulled the door shut. She'd chosen to dress a lot more comfortable this time with black jeans and a tee, with her hair lose and her white sneakers on. The brunette turned away from the door and then gasped, startled, Holtzmann was standing at the bottom of the stairs, two cups of coffee in her hands. Erin looked confused, the blonde continued to stand there, a smile on her face, her hair pinned high on her head, with yellow lensed goggles sitting just above her forehead.

"Holtzmann?"

"We had a bit of a late night and I thought I'd bring you a coffee." The blonde held up one of the cups, Erin walking down a couple of steps and graciously taking it from her new colleague, looking back at the two boxes.

"Hmm walking, carrying boxes and coffee isn't going to work," Holtzmann said, pointed to Erin's things. The physicist chuckled, motioning for Holtzmann to join her as Erin sat on the steps, the blonde sitting down next to her, arms resting on her propped up knees, her coffee dangling from her hand between. 

The sun was out, and it was early, the morning air was cool but it looked like it was going to be a pretty day. Erin held the take away cup between her hands, its warmth comforting and she inhaled. Holtzmann cleared her throat softly, taking a sip of her beverage and she looked over at Erin.

"So," she almost whispered, "Ghost Girl?"

Erin took a sip of her coffee, the heat felt good between her lips and she placed the cup between her feet on the step, tuning to Holtzmann.

"Yep, that's what I used to get called." 

Holtzmann nodded, "Yeah, Abs told me about it a few years back. I just want you to know I believe you." 

Erin smiled tightly, "It was a long time ago." 

"Still haunts you a bit though?" 

Erin nodded, "Yeah, more than I'd like it too." Holtz nodded, bringing her drink to her mouth, swallowing. "I see them too you know, like I can sense them. Even before the PKE meter." 

Erin creased her brow, "The PKE?" 

Holtzmann nodded, "Yeah, one of Abby's inventions, so I just wanted you to know, that I believe you, and I've experienced it too." 

Erin nodded, feeling somewhat comforted by her new colleague's openness, her eyes gazing down to Holtzmann's mis-matched socks, half laced up black combat boots and the same faded purple overalls she'd seen her in yesterday. She was quirky, but after their conversation she also realised she had quite the softer side and it made Erin smile.

"Coffee okay?" Holtzmann asked, breaking through Erin's observations of her, "I wasn't sure what you had, so I thought a black coffee might be safest." 

Erin smiled, nodding into the cup, "Usually a cappuccino but this is fine, thank you again." 

The engineer nodded, and they chatted softly, testing different subjects between them, all of which they comfortably conversed about. The two sat in silence for a little, Holtzmann tilting her head back to finish her coffee, Erin doing the same as Holtzmann reached out for her cup, walking over to a nearby bin and tossing them. Erin walked back up the steps to the boxes, her colleague holding out her arms for one and they walked side by side towards the firehouse. 

"You live far from here?" Erin asked. 

Holtzmann shook her head, "From you? No, and I'm pretty close to work too." Erin nodded as Holtzmann adjusted her grip on the box, and they meandered the crowds of people as they headed to the firehouse.