2 - A beautiful day at Seaside Island

2 days after these events...

It was a very beautiful day at Seaside Island, with a perfect shining sun, birdies singing beautifully, and happy Shadow and Sticks by themselves.

In the woods

Shadow: *while Sticks hugs him* I'm worried...

Sticks: About?

Shadow: If you continue saying to your Team that you'll "go pick some fruits' ' or something like that every single day, we stay together some time, and then you come back to your Team, then one day we might forget each other and stop loving each other.

Sticks: *stops hugging Shadow and thinks* Hmmm... I think I have an idea, follow me.

Sticks and Shadow went into Sticks' burrow and entered.

Shadow: Wow, looks... natural.

Sticks: *interested by Shadow's description of her burrow* Oh, thanks... Anyways, my idea is; why don't you want to live with me in my burrow? That would be cool, I'll upgrade it enough so we can live together and I'll make a double bed for both of us. *smiles*

Shadow: *talks with a happy funny tone while he caresses Sticks' cheek* You care so much about me...

Sticks: Why shouldn't I? *Approaches her head towards Shadow with half-closed eyes* Aren't we in love with each other?

Shadow: Yeah, yeah, we are, *Looks at Sticks*

They smile at each other, but suddenly, an explosion is heard.

Sticks: That's Eggman (I guess). See ya!

Sticks got outside of her burrow and ran toward the direction where the explosion sound came, leaving Shadow alone inside the burrow.

Shadow: What should I start with?