Chapter 15 Extraordinarily Concerned

The training at Arsenal Military Academy never stops. Windy and rainy, white day and black night. It is time to practice. The students are looking miserable.
  The more you practice, the more you realize your own inadequacies, and the amount of training everyone needs will increase.
  General headaches and colds are not considered diseases at all here. Xie Xiang was originally in the lower reaches of this group of people, and she cherished the health of her body more, and she never dared to get sick.
  Usually it's just fine, but it's not great when you're on your menstrual period.
  Xie Xiang rubbed her aching stomach, and a small face was twisted into a ball.
  "Liangchen, Liangchen!"
  If Huang Song's loud voice was the second at Arsenal Military Academy, then no one dared to be the first. His voice immediately attracted the attention of the entire training ground. Fortunately, he also realized this and lowered his voice and said in Xie Xiang's ear: "Have you heard? Instructor Song was fired. A few days ago, he faked an order to release the Japanese privately, and Instructor Lu became angry when he came back."
  "When did it happen? Why didn't I know?"
  "Just yesterday, many people saw him being escorted away by the police. He was still not convinced and kept scolding Instructor Lu."
  Xie Xiang's abnormality aroused Huang Song's curiosity today, he lowered his head and leaned in front of Xie Xiang to take a closer look at her look, "Why are you so weird, you didn't hear me when I called you this morning, you're not sick right."
  Xie Xiang's eyes are dodging, she is acting a little strange, isn't it strange that a "big man" has a menstrual period? But can't tell Huang Song about this, so can only perfunctory tell him and say, "It's okay, I just didn't sleep well last night."
  "Oh." Hearing the answer, Huang Song did not suspect her*, and began to sigh again: "You said that Instructor Song usually looks like a good person, so why..."
(*TN: this was 他, which means him, in the raws. Typo error? It was from third person point of view; in the future I'll use her for 3rd person pov and then for 1st person pov, it'll depend on if the person speaking/thinking knows her true identity)
  "He's just a scapegoat." Gu Yanzheng stood beside his shoulders, although he was taking Huang Song's words, his eyes were always on Xie Xiang.
  Xie Xiang looked up and glanced at him, then lowered her head and whispered: "Conspiracyist."
  "That's better than an idiot!" With a raised eyebrow, Gu Yanzheng looked at her slightly provocatively.
  Xie Xiang just wanted to fight back, but saw Lu Zhongxin strutting over, his face was as usual, it seems that Song Huaping's affairs did not affect him.
  "There will be a phased assessment today to examine your training results during this period of time. Your results will be reported directly to the military headquarters and the commander's office, so everyone must do their best! Let me see your progress."
  "Yes!" In the neat and uniform answer, Xie Xiang frowned without a trace, and the pain in the lower abdomen made her very weak, she gently covered her stomach with her hands and thought: "No matter what, I have to hold on today, it must not affect the results because of this kind of thing."
  "The first item of the physical fitness test, shooting, starts now."
  After hearing the order, Xie Xiang picked up the pistol and stared at the target with all her attention. Her fingers gently tapped, and the voice of the guard came from the front: "Xie Liangchen, four rounds with 6 rings, two rounds with 8 rings, qualified!"
  Taking a long sigh, Xie Xiang's tense body gradually eased, except for her pale face, her performance was the same as other students, but only Xie Xiang knew that the shooting project just now required most skills, but the next several test items required physical strength, and it was almost impossible to pass the standard in this state, but she had to give it a try no matter what.
  The next two consecutive defeats left only one project left to run with weight. Looking at the students who were far away, Xie Xiang still insisted. According to this trend, it is hopeless to pass. She is now only praying to reach the end, so that the test scores are not too bleak.
  Didn't know when Gu Yanzheng followed her, and he always kept a short distance from her. Xie Xiang already felt that the vision in front of her was shaky, and the long runway finally reached the end. Gu Yanzheng walked by her side, Xie Xiang staggeringly followed him back to the team.
  Everyone could see that something was wrong with this classmate who always refused to admit defeat, but only Lu Zhongxin turned a blind eye to her pale complexion.
  "Xie Liangchen, except for shooting, obstacle running, weight-bearing running, and physical confrontation are all unqualified. Are you going to let me take this report card to see the military commander? Tell them that this is what they spent a lot of money to cultivate elite officers?"
  Xie Xiang lowered her head and dared not look directly at Lu Zhongxin's eyes: "I'm sorry, instructor, I'm not feeling well today."
  "Don't make excuses. One day you will go to the battlefield. If you are not feeling well, can you go and tell the enemy to fight another day? Prepare for the make-up exam. If you still get this grade, transfer to a civil service."
  "I'm sorry." Xie Xiang's eyes were slightly red, she lowered her head, tears filled her eyes, trying to hide her vulnerability.
  Seeing her like this, Gu Yanzheng's heart inexplicably a little irritated, "Instructor, it's not that serious. Our school trains officers, not soldiers."
  Lu Zhongxin was even more angry when he saw that he dared to come forward, and took the report card and scolded: "Gu Yanzheng, I haven't told you yet! You dare to interrupt? The weight-bearing running is actually the last one, you are so big that even Xie Liangchen can't run, so do you. The two of you are preparing for the make-up test together, and if the make-up test fails, I will settle the account with you!"
  Gu Yanzheng shrugged indifferently, but just focused on the probe to look at Xie Xiang. He saw her head down, her eyes were slightly red, and he poked her arm: "Crying? No way"
  Xie Xiang lowered her head and blinked her eyes to get rid of her tears.
  Gu Yanzheng: "There's nothing to cry about, I'm the last and I don't feel uncomfortable."
  "Who cried?" Xie Xiang's mouth was hard, but unfortunately it was difficult to hide the choking.
  Gu Yanzheng showed a smile to her: "Do you know why I ran last? I deliberately let you, you have a shallow face, I am afraid that you can't stand being last, so I deliberately hang at the bottom. How is it, are you moved, how about going back tonight and washing my clothes?"
  Obviously should be moved, but he said so badly, Xie Xiang decisively refused: "I don't want!"
  "Why are you so stingy, you can wash for others, but not for me?"
  Is this alluding to brushing Shen Junshan's shoes that day? Xie Xiang didn't know how to answer, so she had to turn her head and ignore him.
  As soon as Lu Zhongxin's lecture was over, she borrowed the report card from the instructor. After carefully comparing her own results with other students, she made a perfect training plan in her mind. She must not fail again in the next make-up exam.
  When she came back, the whole dormitory building was very quiet, and the students were all ready to fall asleep. Xie Xiang walked slowly in the corridor, clutching her lower abdomen.
  Shen Junshan was dressed in casual clothes, and he saw her just when he was about to go out. Seeing that she was so weak that she couldn't even walk, Shen Junshan frowned, "Xie Liangchen, are you alright, are you sick?"
  "No." Xie Xiang shook her head and put down her hand covering her stomach in embarrassment, "I'm fine, you can go first."
  The gaze on the top of the head was too sharp, and there was always a feeling of being seen through. Xie Xiang was afraid that he would continue to ask, and ran back to the dormitory with her head down.
  As soon as the door was opened, Gu Yanzheng's eyes glued up, Xie Xiang's eyes collided with him lightly, and then picked up the thermos, the heavy weight in her hand surprised her, this Gu Yanzheng is taking the wrong medicine today, actually will take the initiative to draw water.
  Although she was surprised, she didn't ask any more questions, turned around and went into the bathroom to start washing clothes. Arsenal Military Academy only supplies hot water at specific times every day. Every time a pot of hot water is received, it must be kept for washing and drinking, so only cold water can be used to wash clothes. Although it is summer now, the water is still a little cold, and the chill spreads all over the body along the fingertips. Xie Xiang bit her lip, and a small face is painfully pale.
  "A lot of clothes?"
  Don't know when, Gu Yanzheng standing at the door of the bathroom, the eyebrows of the hero were twisted together, and the eyes were staring at Xie Xiang's icy red hands.
  "You tell me!" Xie Xiang glared at him, pointed to the dirty clothes on the floor and said to Gu Yanzheng: "Can I trouble you to take off one and wash one in the future, I am not your nanny."
  "You go out, I'll wash."
For some reason, Gu Yanzheng's face is with a little anger, Xie Xiang was pushed out for unknown reasons, she sat on the bed, her eyes floated to the glass on the table, the cup was full of hot water, at this time still steaming hot.
  Did Gu Yanzheng fall?*Xie Xiang was slightly moved, picked up the cup and took a sip, the warmth went straight to the bottom of the heart, and the dissatisfaction with Gu Yanzheng just now gradually dissipated.
(*TN: something along the lines of got injured)
  The sound of water in the bathroom didn't stop, sha la sha la, Xie Xiang wanted to go in and have a look, but in the end, she sat down and didn't move.
  "Bang!" The bathroom door was pushed open, and Gu Yanzheng, covered in water, came out. He took out all the dirty clothes and put them in the suitcase, and walked out the door with them.
  Xie Xiang put down the cup and chased out the door. Gu Yanzheng's back was straight, and the pace was abruptly taken out by him. She held the door and shouted: "Where are you going and gonna do?"
  "Go home and do the laundry!"
  Looking at the black figure that disappeared in the corner of the corridor, Xie Xiang was silent for a moment.
  Today's Gu Yanzheng is a bit strange, and she can't tell where he is strange. This feeling has been there since a long time, but it has not been determined until today... looking at the steaming water cup on the table, Xie Xiang's long eyelashes fell, casting large shadows under the eyes.
  In the next few days, Gu Yanzheng became more and more strange. Every time she came back from training, she would find that her thermos was full, the water in the cup was hot, and even the dirty clothes would disappear after a period of time, and then appear in the dormitory in a neat posture. In the face of all this, Xie Xiang changed from being moved at the beginning to fear. She didn't believe that the prodigal son turned back and reformed. Determined that when she go back today, will take a good look at Gu Yanzheng.
  Thinking of these things in her mind, unexpectedly felt that the weight-bearing running was not so tired. Xie Xiang stopped and looked at the watch. After 1 minute and 13 seconds, it was qualified! After so many days of training, the first time she ran such a good result, she packed her backpack, and Xie Xiang walked to the dormitory with satisfaction.
  The campus at night was extraordinarily quiet, and under the bright moonlight, Shen Junshan's profile was extraordinarily clear. Xie Xiang just wanted to come forward to say hello, but he was approached first by another person.