Until We Meet Again

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Sorry. I'm just making up for lost time," he rubbed his nose on hers.

She sat up and picked up her clothes from the floor and put them back on.

"I want you to live with me when you get back to Malibu," he lie on his back, using a pillow to cover himself.

"I can't, baby. Not until I'm annulled."

"This is gonna be torture, baby!" he whined.

"Just a little bit more time, babe. Then we can get married, and move back here; be closer to everyone."

"Is that what you want?"

"Yes! I want my old job back working with Jen, buy my mom a house closer to us, and raise our own family right here in this very house."

He sat up and kissed her shoulder.

"I love you so much, my Love."

"I love you, too! Come on, let's finish breakfast so we can head out to my mom's. You still have to drive back home tonight."

"Teka..."

"Ano?" she asked, eyes smiling.

"Just one more time..."

He picked her up over his shoulder, her body bent so that she was facing his bare naked butt. She laughed as he ran to their bedroom and one more time turned out to be two more times.

***

"Ma, sana po makabalik ako soon," Beth said as she hugged Gloria. "Mamimiss po kita ng sobra!"

"Ako din, anak, mamimiss kita. Magingat ka sa America," Gloria said, tears running down her face.

Lizzie hugged her two Uncles, and Joshua carried her up in his arms. "Grandma, I'm gonna miss you!"

Joshua carried Lizzie to Gloria so the little girl can hug her.

"I will miss you, too, Lizzie. You can visit us again anytime."

"Daddy, can we do that? Can we visit Grandma Gloria again with Yaya Beth?"

"Of course, my princess, but first we have to go home because school is starting soon."

"Oh yeah. Grandma Gloria, I'm starting kindergarten soon."

"Maybe on your next summer vacation then," Gloria kissed Lizzie's cheek.

Nick took Lizzie from Joshua and gave Gloria a hug and kiss.

"Thank you for your hospitality, Gloria."

"You're welcome. Thank you for taking care of my daughter."

"It's my honor. Beth is worth taking care of."

Beth hugged her mother and brothers one final time before walking with Nick and Lizzie to their waiting car, tears flowing down her cheeks. She waved at them through her window and wiped her tears with her fingers.

"Nick, thank you for this. It was exactly what I needed. Spending time with my mother has been a Godsend. I restored so many memories of her and me."

"Good, I'm glad. But for now, are you ready to go back to your pretend life?"

"Nick, my life with you and Lizzie is not my pretend life. Just another chapter in my book, where great new characters were introduced," she touched his forearm and smiled.

"It's great seeing you this happy."

"I am happy."

And the three headed to the airport and went back to their beach house in Malibu.

***

Beth and Jake were walking along the beach after dinner one evening, hands intertwined, enjoying the sound of the crashing waves and the seagulls overhead.

"Are you free this weekend?"

"Yup. The last weekend before school starts for Lizzie. We've already gone school shopping, so we're ready."

"Do you think Nick will let you take a weekend off?"

"I don't see why not. Why? Where are we going?" she asked excitedly.

"New York."

"Wow! I've never been there!" she beamed up at him. "What's the occasion?"

"The occasion is I love you," he stole a kiss from her lips.

"Babe!" she chortled. "Really, why the sudden trip?"

"We're gonna visit my mom and dad."

And the big booming voice of the giant of a man named Joseph Miller rang in her ears, his intimidating face flashed in her memory.