𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐢𝐯𝐞: 𝐈'𝐦 𝐒𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐲 𝐁𝐚𝐛𝐲

Julianna

"Julianna?" Hermione shakes my shoulders and stands in front of me partially blocking Oliver's tall figure from my line of sight.

"Julianna, why are you still here?" Hermione frowns looking at me as I force my eyes to look at her caramel eyes away from Oliver's whisky ones.

"Huh?" I blink a few times trying to wrack my brain to form words and understand the situation as currently even English is sounding like Chinese to me.

"You were supposed to go save me a seat in the library while I finish the last part of my transfiguration homework and join you, remember?" Hermione looked at me in worry, which I'm sure is caused by my dumbfounded stature.

"I...um...oh yeah I was um I was going and then I....felt a little dizzy so I sat down on the....the top o-of the stairs to um rest a bit....yea....and only now did I come down when I felt better and not like I downed 10 firewhiskies at once." I let out a chuckle in an attempt to lighten the mood and distract her from the topic I desperately hope she didn't hear.

You sure it's only to distract her?

I don't know anymore...

"What? Dizzy?" Hermione puts a hand on my forehead and frowns more. "Are you okay?! Let's get you to Madam Pomfrey" she grabs my hand and starts dragging me toward the common room portrait hole.

I could feel him watching the whole time, but why?

Why what?

Why did he bother watching when he never cared?

Maybe he does cares?

He didn't sound like that...

"Mione it's okay, I'm okay, let's just go finish studying I still need to finish making my notes for Divination." I stop Hermione by tugging on her hand and smiling a little at her.

She pulls me out of the portrait hole into the empty hallway and turns to look at me as the Fat Lady's portrait closes.

"You look like you are about to break into pieces any moment now" Hermione tilts her head and scans my face with a frown etched on her forehead.

Maybe I am....

"I won't break." I pat her bushy hair and start walking towards the library, "coming Granger?" I look over my shoulder giving her a smile to ease her worries even though I can already see the wheels turning in that brilliant mind of hers and she already has about 20 different situations to answer why I'm acting so weird.

"I'll believe that for now..." She deadpans following me as we walked to the library talking about how annoying Malfoy is.

❄︎❄︎❄︎❄︎❄︎𝒜𝓃 𝒽ℴ𝓊𝓇 𝓁𝒶𝓉ℯ𝓇❄︎❄︎❄︎❄︎❄︎

"There you are!" Evieline exclaims as she plopped down beside Hermione in front of me in the library.

"Shush!"

"Evie! Don't give me a repeat of last time, we'll be banned from entering the library if you keep doing this and if I get banned from coming here I'll kill you faster than Harry killed Voldy without a Nosey, as a baby!" I whisper and sneer at her.

"Whatever, now you too pack up and come with me, Dinner is half way done and you both still have your noses buried in old worn out parchments!" Evieline huffs crossing her arms over her chest.

"Half way?!" Hermione's eyes widened as she quickly starts packing her bags.

"Relax Mione, you really think Weasleys or Wilson will leave their food to go all the way to the library? Dinner is either over or will start within at least a good half an hour so Evie here doesn't miss a single bit of it, right Wilson?" I smile cheekily at my best friend who rolls her eyes trying to hide her smile that was pushing through her grumpy face.

"Well that does makes sense..." Hermione nods and starts pulling her books back out of her bag.

"Woah wait, no more studying you two, c'mon get up now, it'll be dinner time by the time we reach there!" Evieline whines pushing back Hermione's books roughly in her bag, making Hermione almost have a heart attack from how harshly Evie was treating her books.

"Evie! Evie! Let go, I'll do it! Gosh Evie let me pack them, leave it! Not the Hogwarts a history!" Hermione snatches her books from Evie with wide eyes and takes her backpack, slowly and carefully putting her things in it while whispering to the Hogwarts a history "I'm sorry baby, you are safe now."

Me and Evie look at each other, then back at Hermione who even gave a little kiss to the book. We look back each other and burst out laughing making Hermione close her backpack and look at us in confusion, "what?"

I shake my head still silently snickering as I packed my bag trying to hurry before Madam Pince kicks us out of the library for good.

"Oh nothing it's just, it's okay baby, you are safe now." Evieline mimicks Hermione while pretending to cradle a baby in her arms, she even kisses the air for extra measures and looks up beaming at me and Hermione.

I look at Evieline then at Hermione who's eyes travelled from Evieline's little show to me, we both look back at Evieline and grab her hand rushing out of the library as we desperately tried to keep a straight face.

We three halt after a few steps away from the library and look at each other only to burst out laughing like hyenas in the middle of the hallway. Hermione was clutching her stomach laughing loudly while Evieline went as far as rolling on the ground, laughing like it's her last laugh, I lean against the wall heaving and laughing like I'm a drowning cat.

"C'mon now, let's go eat." Evieline sobers up and grabs mine and Hermione's hands, pulling us towards the Great Hall.

It's true, friends do have the power to take away pain, even when they don't know about it....