chapter 1

It was the middle of July when Evangeline had invited Hermione and Ginny to the Black manor in Italy. She thought that the presence of his friends would help Draco. She did think about asking Blaise Zabini and Theodore Nott Jr., too, but their parents were renowned Death Eaters, and Evangeline could not risk the safety of her family, as much as she would have wanted to see her godson.

'Do you think it is a good idea to invite the girls?' Regulus asked his wife, who was sitting on the bench in the manor's backyard. Regulus was pacing around in front of Evangeline, worry visible in his eyes.

'It will do both the boys good,' Evangeline answered. 'Draco and Harry need their friends right now,' she added. 'I also thought about inviting Remus,' she added, waiting for her husband's reaction.

'Have you corresponded with him lately?' Regulus asked.

'I sent him letters, but he did not answer them,' sighed the blonde woman. 'It must be hard for him, too. After all, he has lost every one of his friends,' she reasoned.

'He truly has no one now,' Regulus pointed out.

'He has us,' Eva corrected him. 'Believe it or not, during my stay at 12 Grimmauld Place, Remus, Sirius, and I became a little trio, much like how you, Theo and Barty used to be during your Hogwarts years,' Evangeline explained.

'Then you should invite him over,' Regulus pointed out.

'I do not know if he will accept our invitation,' said Eva. 'Bloody hell, I do not even know if he will open my letter,' she added.

Regulus stopped his pacing, kneeling in front of his wife and taking her hands into his. 'Why do we not focus on one thing at once,' Regulus told his wife. 'Firstly, let us ready rooms for the girls, and then you will write to Remus. How does that sound?' he asked, caressing Eva's cheek.

Evangeline instantly calmed down, smiling at her husband. 'How did I survive without you this long?' she asked.

'You are a strong woman. You do not need me to survive. You can manage quite well by yourself,' Regulus answered, then kissed the back of her hand, which he still was holding.

'You have no idea how much I love you and how much I have missed you,' Evangeline sighed.

'Oh, but I do,' Regulus answered, a smirk appearing on his lips. 'You have shown it to me this morning, the other night, and the night before that one,' he added, chuckling. 'I can perfectly recall those perfect whines and screams of yours,' he said, letting go of Eva's hand and moving it up on her thigh.

'Reg,' Eva let out a breath she did not know she was holding. 'Not in here,' she added, smirking.

'Then where?' Regulus asked innocently.

'We have a bedroom for a reason,' Evangeline replied.

'I like the way you think,' Regulus chuckled.

Back in his room, Draco Black lay in his bed. He hated getting out of bed and facing the world. He hated what happened. He did not hate his father, but he hated his cousin.

A knock on his door made Draco raise his head from his pillow. Without waiting for an answer, Harry entered the room with a tray on which was Draco's breakfast.

'I come baring gifts,' Harry joked, closing the door with his foot. He walked up to the desk and set the tray down on it. He then walked to the window and opened the curtains.

Draco grabbed one of his pillows, putting it on his head.

'Why did you do that?' Draco groaned.

'You stay here as if you were a vampire,' Harry pointed out.