the both of them had a decent time together, returning to the tower where the other three girls were, having had one whole day dedicated to girls day.

once they got to the common floor everyone was usually at, loki almost immediately tumbled to the floor as belle lunged at him, tackling him down for a hug.

"hi love~", belle said with a giggle, snuggling into his shirt. from the way she was clinging tightly already, with flushed cheeks too, gave loki hints of belle's less than sober condition.

"hello, my love.", loki said, righting them both to stand, only resulting in belle continuing to gaze dreamily and stumbling in his arms, "you're intoxicated."

"i," she hiccuped, "i had my nails done- and and we were wearing masks and had the best time ever!"

"i'm sure you did.", loki smiled softly at belle, before lifting his gaze and shooting a sharp look to steve, who was there and unfortunately the only one sober.

in the background, natasha laughed without a care in the world, and wanda was currently asleep- or perhaps passed out. 

"i tried to stop them, but belle made a game of who can drink the most shots without getting drunk.", steve sighed, "and you know how natasha always wants to win."

loki dipped his head to the side reluctantly, knowing that to be true.

"tony also said you could stay.", steve added, "the two of you could stay in the extra guest room, i'll show you there."

and steve did, while loki carried belle bridal-style the whole way. 

loki showered quickly, not trusting belle to be alone for too long. when he was done, a smile came to his face when he saw belle laying on top of the sheets, sleeping.

he cast a quick spell to switch belle's light yellow dress which was stained by the scent of whiskey to a clean and much more comfortable, dark green robe. 

her eyes blinked open lazily as loki sat on the bed, his back leaning on the headboard, with his feet tucked together under the blanket.

"loki?", belle said quietly, and slightly full of confusion.

"shh, come here," he coaxed her softly, as she crossed the bed over to him, "you can sleep on my lap if you want."

"it's like laying on bricks.", she complained, but laid her head on it anyways. the top of her shoulders touching his folded legs, as she looked up at him.

the blanket shimmered green, and pulled itself over her shoulders, covering her arms and legs. his fingers weaved in her hair, slowly and carefully untangling the knots. 

he continued running his hands through her hair, making belle a messy warm mess.

and then loki did something belle has never witnessed him do.

loki hummed softly, and she didn't hide her awe. 

the honey-like, sweet voice flowed in the air around them, lulling belle in a calming trance. she was bewitched with the pleasant thing her ears were listening to.

her eyes went up as his own green ones went down, and they smiled.

she slipped her hand from under the covers and reached up, touching his cheek briefly, shyly.

loki froze, feeling his cheek warming at the contact.

just as she was about to drop her hand, loki's hand held on to it. his hand brings her hand closer, pressing her fingers to his lips, kissing each tip lightly.

belle's heart throbbed and her stomach twisted happily.

their soulmarks glowed softly, from under the sleeves of their clothing, gold and green bleeding together. 

their soulmarks always did that when their bond grew stronger, tiny acts of affection and trust fueling it.

he kept on folding our hands together, then unfolding them, then intertwining them again, then letting them go, doing it over and over again. 

"i like how your hand fits mine.", he whispered softly.

after a while, loki slipped her hand back under the covers, his own hand trailing back up, sliding over the soft material of the robe.

belle's eyes widened at the mark his fingers left up her arm, and almost- just almost up the side of her body.

she shivered, as loki's hand stilled on the curve between her shoulder and neck.

the tips of his fingers brushed the bare skin near where her collar bones meet, and belle held her breath. he lifted his hand, letting the contact abruptly stop.

belle almost frowned. almost.

his head dipped low, his back bending over as he kissed the skin he had initially brushed.

as he straightened back to his original position, he watched her expression.

red started dusting the tip of her nose and her cheeks, the same effect winter and snow had on her pale skin. 

belle couldn't think, couldn't speak (she's tried of course opening her mouth and closing it over and over like a fish), couldn't breathe properly.

her voice was quiet when she finally spoke, quieter than the wind blowing against the window, quieter than the laughter just outside in the hallway, "i like that too."

"oh really?", loki replied teasingly, "what part of that are we talking about right now?"

belle scoffed, "the part where you said you like that my hand fits in mine of course."

"of course.", he grinned dazzlingly.

but his eyes gleamed knowingly, secrets hidden in the look he was giving her.

author's note:

smirk smirk- 

anyways happy valentines' day everyone! i hope you had (or will have) a good one!