015. STEALING FROM A DRUG DEALER

Start from the beginning

"Fifty thousand?" JJ asks. "You think I walked in here not knowin' the spot price? Ma'am, I know for a fact this is worth one-forty, at least."

"Well, sweetie, you in a pawnshop. This ain't Zurich. Do I look Swiss to you?"

"Ninety, or I walk."

"Seventy. Half price... and, um... I don't ask questions about where you got this."

JJ looks at John B who gives him a signal to agree.

"I'm gonna need that in large denominations, please." JJ says.

"Well, here's the snag. I don't have that much denominated, not here anyway." The woman says. "I can write you a cashier's check."

"Cash-- no, ma'am. I want the cold hard. That's what that sign says." JJ says, pointing at the sign. "Cash for gold. And that's what I expect. I'm gonna get it in cold hard."

"Well, I have to send you to the warehouse. I have the money there. Is that all right?"

"Where's this warehouse?"

+++

"So they keep money out here?" Pope asks as John B drives.

"That's what she said." JJ says before laughing and Cordelia also laughs a little. "That's what she said."

"Stop." Pope tells them making both smiles immediately disappear.

"I've never even heard of Resurrection Drive." Sarah says.

"It's cause you're rich." JJ says.

"You've never heard of it either." Kie counters.

"Thank you." Sarah says.

"There's nothing but weeds back here." Kie says.

"All right, just cause it's just weeds, doesn't mean it's, like..." JJ trails off and they hear sirens.

"Cops? Out here?" Kie asks.

"God! Are you kidding me?" JJ exclaims.

"What did we do?" Sarah asks as John B pulls over.

"Why are we getting pulled over?" Pope asks.

"Stash that." John B whispers to JJ.

"Chill, guys." Kie says.

"Yeah, if we seem calm, we'll be good." Cordelia says.

"I hate cops." JJ groans.

"Did you bring the gun?" John B asks.

"No, okay? Everybody told me to leave it back at the place." JJ says.

"Thank God. Please, just put everything else in your bag." Kie says.

"I am, I am." JJ says and Pope starts to frantically hurry the hiding process up.

"How much weed do you have on you, bro?" Kie asks.

"He's walking up right now." Pope says as JJ puts his backpack in the seat.

Everybody's words overlap, but they all go silent when they hear a gun cock and turn to see a rifle pointed straight at John B.

"Why don't I just go ahead and see them hands up in the air?" The guy asks. "All y'all's hands up in the air now!" He yells and they all slowly lift their hands up. "You, out of the car! Let's go!"

John B slowly opens the door with one hand, getting out.

"Out of the car! Let's go! Hurry! Let them out!" He orders the brunette. "What are you waitin' on? What are you waitin' on? Let them out! All y'all! Go on! Go on!" He exclaims as John B slides the back door open. "Let's get out the car! Let's go!"