The Transfer

It had been a long voyage from the Vatican to London, England. Father William disembarked the ship, his legs feeling odd on land after so many months on sea. He now understood what the sailors had meant when they had said Father William needed to get his sea legs when he had first boarded.
Father William looked at the name of the church he was to go to.
The name of the church was Sisterhood of Angels. Father William wasn't sure exactly how to deal with the fact he was to be a priest at a convent filled with nuns. Priests had a reputation that many didn't consider a good one. Father William knew that fact and while he wasn't the type to prey on innocent children or take advantage of any nun, he was prepared for any kinds of rumors about this transition from the Vatican to London, England.
Father William swayed forward in an awful attempt to regain his land legs. The rest of the sailors were walking in the same manner as Father William as they made their way to the brothels to satisfy their urges of lust.
Father William swayed and staggered away from the brothels and harbors. He attempted to find the Sisterhood of Angels and after some time Father William realized that he was horribly lost. The Vatican was laid out very differently than London, England.
After a few attempts to ask for directions in broken English, Father William hoped that he would be able to find someone who would be able to understand Italian. Or at least attempt to listen to his not so fluent English.
He was growing frustrated by the lack of communication on his part and the lack of listening on their part. Father William sighed and reluctantly headed over to another individual. She was wearing a deep sapphire blue dress, carrying a parasol and wearing a veiled hat.
"I... Beg pardon," Father William began when the woman studied him. "I am... Look for Sisterhood of Angels," he continued. The woman was silent and Father William held out the transfer note. The woman took it and read the note. She looked at Father William and smiled with understanding. Father William breathed a sigh of relief.
"The Sisterhood of Angels is this way," the woman said.
"Grazie," Father William told her and gratefully followed her as he offered her his arm. She took it and led him, without being obvious, to the Sisterhood of Angels.
"Here is the Sisterhood of Angels," the woman informed Father William.
"Grazie," Father William said. "Again," Father William mumbled.
"You're welcome Father William. I look forward to seeing you preach," the woman stated with a mysterious smile that Father William swore revealed a glimpse of fangs. Her smile vanished before Father William was sure of what he might have seen and she gave him a polite courtesy. Father William returned the courtesy with a polite dip of his head and headed inside.
He showed the Mother Superior the transfer note and she showed him to his sleeping quarters after showing him around the church as well as the convent. Father William thanked Mother Superior Mary-Catherine and looked around his sleeping quarters when Mother Superior Mary-Catherine closed the door.
He sat down on the bed with a sigh of gratitude. It had been months since he had slept on a bed. He took off his shoes and changed into his night clothes before pulling the blankets over him and almost instantly falling asleep.