The Potions Partner

Start from the beginning

"There's nothing really to say. We barley said two words to each other."

"Ashe is a good guy, you should get to know him." I realised my mistake as I said it. I hadn't told the two of them that Ashe and I had a little heart to heart.

"And how exactly would you know that?" Asked Maddi. "He's always with the rest of the
Slytherin scumbags."

"Remember who you're talking to here. Not all Slytherins are bad. I can tell Ashe isn't like the ones he hangs about with."

"How." Asked Holly, while Maddi just rolled her eyes calling bull.

"If you two haven't noticed he doesn't treat Holly the way his friends do." I said as we sat down to lunch.

Fred's POV

"Who are you three talking about?" Asked George.

"Ashe Calvert." Lissa replied.

"And Eddie Carmichael." Maddi said earning an eye roll from Lissa.

"Mouse boy that won the sweets?" Asked Lee.

"Stop calling him that, he's not that quiet." Lissa defended him.

"Aww look at her sticking up for her boyfriend." Taunted Maddi.

"Boyfriend?" I questioned as my stomach dropped. I thought she said she didn't want to date anyone yet. George was giving me a look that said, 'chill out mate, you look insane', and I realised Maddi was looking at me with a raised eyebrow.

"He's not my boyfriend! Snape paired us together for a project. The whole class got separated into pairs."

"But instead of working on their project they were 'getting to know each other'". Maddi said sarcastically using air quotes.

I zoned out after that, I didn't want to hear anymore. When the bell rang for everyone to get to their next classes I got up and left straight away without saying goodbye. As I was about to head out into the courtyard towards my Care of Magical Creatures class I felt someone grab my arm. "Freddie wait."

It was Lissa. "Are you okay? You seemed to zone out during lunch."

"Yea I'm good." I sounded blunt, but I didn't mean to.

"Okay, umm...can I talk to you later? I need to let all my thoughts out and you always seem to be able to help me." She asked with a smile.

"Of course, you know I'm always here for you!" Her and Eddie didn't seem to get to know each other too well if she still wants to come to me for a proper chat. I know it shouldn't, but that made me feel much better. "After dinner down by the lake?"

"Perfect, thanks Freddie." She gave me a hug and ran off to her charms class. I just stood there watching her.

"Helloooo." George said standing in front of me clicking his fingers. "Earth to Frederick."

"Alright, alright, come on let's go." I said pushing him lightly on the shoulder.

*

Later that night Lissa and I were sitting by the lake, it was late November so we were wearing our big coats and sitting with a blanket over our legs, so we stayed warm. Lissa had even brought a jar with fire in it that Hermione had shown her how to do. It was pretty cool.

We sat there for a good twenty minutes while she spilled out everything that had happened in the last few weeks.

"Okay first off Katie defiantly didn't mean it like that. She was just trying to make a point of just because Harry's dad was seeker didn't mean he was going to be any good, just like your whole family being in Slytherin for centuries didn't mean you were going to be."