kiss me once, then kiss me twice, then kiss me once again // A.B. [ blurb]

A kiss on the hand

He kisses you on the hand at your first meeting. A simple, short touch of the lips to the back of your hand and he felt forever a changed man.

"How do you do?" Anthony asks in somewhat of a daze.

"I am very well, Lord Bridgerton. And yourself? Are you liking the festivities?"

"I am very well indeed. And one cannot help but enjoy the festivities, especially when they are thrown by a beloved sibling."

"Of course!" You all but cry, "Your younger sister married the Duke of Hastings not even two years ago. How do they fare?"

"Very well I hear."

"I am pleased to hear such news," You smile, and Anthony knows that your remark is genuine. You truly wish his sister and her husband the best and are pleased to hear that they are well. It astounds him; he had not met someone so genuine in so long... it was refreshing.

There's a lull in conversation, but Anthony wishes to stay by your side. He wishes to stay and ask you any question that comes into his mind; he wants to know of your family, your hobbies, and your favourite book. He wants to know it all, but he can hear his name being called by his brother and with a sad, long sigh he offers his apologies.

It pains him more when you accept them graciously and with a soft smile.

He leaves with another kiss to the back of your hand; the feel of your skin and the scent of your perfume burned into his mind until he can see you again.

A kiss on the forehead

Anthony kisses you on the forehead at tea with his mother. Violet Bridgerton, the Dowager Viscountess, wanted to meet the person who had so readily stolen her eldest son's heart, and she was more than delighted to see the softer side of Anthony come out when he found you in the drawing room.

Everything in his posture changed; his shoulders relaxed, and his gait grew longer in an effort to get to you quicker. An adoring smile grew on his face; one that grew larger when you smiled in return.

"Darling," Anthony greets, pressing a lingering kiss to your forehead. "I didn't know you were here."

"Your beloved is here to have tea with me, Anthony," Violet chides, watching her eldest child over the rim of her tea cup.

"Ah," Anthony breathes, nodding at his mother before turning his attention back to you. "Has the inquisition been too terrible? Will I be able to see you again?"

"Your mother is a delight, Anthony," You admonish playfully. "You should count yourself extremely fortunate to have been raised by such a woman."

"I count myself lucky every day, my love."

Your skin flushes at the endearment and you find yourself glancing over at Anthony's mother in fear that she may think it all too much for a couple not even engaged. However, as you meet the eyes of the Bridgerton matriarch, you find nothing in them but happiness, love, and acceptance.

After a moment's silence in which you turn your attention back to Anthony, you find yourself wanting this man more than you have ever wanted anything in your life. To have such a family to support him, to have such morals and virtues and to have such adoration – you couldn't help the growing yearning in your chest to be brought into such a family.

Anthony's hand caresses your face; his thumb rubbing gently across your cheekbone. An odd expression overtakes his face, but before you can ask him the matter, it disappears and smile forms in its place. "I shall let you continue you with your morning," Anthony murmurs. "Can I call on you later today? I was hoping we could promenade."

"Of course."

Anthony smiles one last smile, presses another lingering kiss to your forehead before leaving the room altogether.

A passionate kiss

This kiss follows the most important question Anthony could ever ask of anybody. He asks you this question on a Tuesday morning in the moderately sized rose garden behind Bridgerton House.

"Marry me..." Anthony proposes; his love for you poured into such important words. "Marry me and always be mine."

"How long have I wanted to hear those words?" You whisper, eyes shining with unshed tears as you begin to nod your acceptance. "Yes, I'll marry you, Anthony."

He kisses you passionately; every emotion felt for you over the last few months, every word of love uttered between you, every single lingering touch – they are all present within the kiss. Anthony kisses you without restraint; he lets himself fall wholly under your spell, accepting the terms and conditions without giving a single glance to the fine print. He had accepted long ago that he was to only belong to you, and this kiss was proving such a matter.

With every mewl and gasp that falls from your lips and is swallowed by his, Anthony falls further for you. He never thought he would experience love like this; he thought he would marry for the convenience of it, but as his hands wander your back, loosening the ties there, he begins to wonder whether he was a fool from the very beginning to deny himself such a love like this.

Before it gets too far... before he does something that could ruin them, Anthony pulls away. He lingers for a moment; panting lips brushing over yours as you try your best to catch your breath.

"I love you," He whispers, chest heaving with the effort.

"I love you too."