Card Games and Cocktails // A.B.

Pairing: Anthony Bridgerton x Female!Reader

Warnings: drunk reader, protective Anthony, alcohol, drinking, gambling, dialogue heavy, mentions of food, upset stomach.

Word count: 1.4k

---------

"My dear, do you have to go? One more round and then we'll leave!" Daphne pleads; her famous Bridgerton blue eyes alight with the hope that you would stay for one more round of cards.

As tempting as the offer is, you shake your head, feeling ever tipsier for it. "You stay," You state, placing a loving hand on her cheek. "Win back some of my money from Lady Shawcross. I'm going home to my husband."

Daphne sighs sadly but nods her head, accepting your decision. "Give Anthony my love and please be careful. Lady Danbury's cocktails were much too strong, and you've had a few."

"I'll be fine," You comfort, hugging your sister-in-law briefly. "Goodnight, dear Daphne."

------

The carriage ride back to Bridgerton House is anything but smooth, jostling your stomach, making you keep your wits about you. you had been wrong to think that the fresh night air would help with your dizziness. As you sit in the carriage, it all seems to spin around and around.

Groaning softly, you begin to regret that final cocktail from Lady Danbury. The sneak of an old lad had definitely made it stronger than the first few you had tasted.

The night, however, had been exceptionally fun. Gambling the night away in the company of women you classed as your closest friends. Laughter had punctuated the air, as had many business dealings. All in all, a productive, fun night btu you came to miss your husband, wanting nothing more than to end the night with him.

The carriage comes to a halt outside Bridgerton House. Giddiness bubbles inside you as you spy the still lit windows. Anthony had waited up for you.

Your footman barely has the carriage door open before you throw yourself out of it. Anthony's name already falling from your lips. Taking a second to greet the Butler, Jenkins, you return to your mission of finding your husband.

"Anthony!" You call, padding down the corridor, shoes already dismissed as you pause to lament the distance between rooms.

"Lord Bridgerton is upstairs in his study, my Lady," Jenkins offers when a pout begins to form on your lips.

"Thank you, Jenkins," You reply brightly, making your way to the staircase where you come to a stop.

Your bottom lip begins to quiver. Alarmed, Jenkins steps in. "Is everything okay, my Lady?"

"No!" You whine, gesturing to the staircase and landing. "It's too far away!"

Jenkins presses his lips together with some force to keep the laughter from spilling out. Taking a calming breath, he asks, "Would you like me to get Lord Bridgerton for you?"

"Would you?" You gasp, "That would be so helpful. I don't think I can climb the stairs."

Jenkins lets a single chuckle leave him before nodding to you. He sidesteps you gracefully before climbing the stairs to get Anthony.

Settling down on the next-to-last step, you let your skirts fan out under you. Grimacing at the tightness of your corset, you reach for the small bag you had taken with you tonight, upending it and beginning to count your winnings. A sly smile crosses your face when you realise that even in your inebriated state, you had managed to win a fair bit of money.