Dear Diary

A/N: " thinking "
" speaking "
Disclaimer For Whole Story: I DON'T, I REPEAT, I DON'T own any pictures or any videos in this story. I only own the Plot and Characters.

Darkness.
Darkness.
Darkness.
Darkness.
Is that all I'm destined to see for the rest of my life? I look at the kingdom around me, which I heard was once happy and full with light; now a dark and cold place of provety. You my diary, momma, papa, and Brin are my only lights and hopes in this place of darkness . Today, Brin marched though the house and village banging pots and pans as if some kind of warning. I laugh at that thought, but my mother Madame Mira came in today with a frown and a worried expression on her face. Was I right about Brin making some type of warning? Brin has always been the silly girly one out the two of us. I have always been the fearless boyish one, but only because my father Henry, he was a black smith.Henry was a great father and husband, but he died a few years back.
Love, your writer and owner,
Scarlett Raven.
" Scarlett come here please," my mother calls for me.
I went down stairs to the family room.
" Yes mother?" I ask.
" Pack your th-," she is cut off by her on tears.
" Mother what's wrong, "I ask in a worried tone.
" Scarlett we have to leave, " Brin says, who I didn't notice was here until now.
" Why," I ask, still trying to calm my mother down.
" I'll explain later, but we must leave soon," Brin says with a bag in her hand.
I don't question any farther and run upstairs to my room.
I put in a few dresses, a few daggers, and my favorite bow and arrow into a bag.
" I'm ready," I say as I was walking back down stairs.
My mother walks over to me and says, " You may not be my real daughter, but you will always be my daughter in my eyes."
I look into her water fill eyes.
"Thank you for giving me the love of a mother, " I say.
" Goodbye my raven, be free, Henry would have said that if he were still here, " she says.
I cry as she calls me " My Raven" that was Henry nickname for me.
I nod my head and say, " Goodbye mother."
Brin was waiting for me outside. She looks at me and says, " I know it hurts."
" We need to head to the Black Witch's Forest, " she says in a serious tone I never hear her use.
" Wait, you said you would explain, " I say.
" I will when we get to the Black Witch's forest, " she says.
We walk to the forest in silence, which is unlike my talkative cousin. When we finally arrive I say, " Explain now."
" Aunt Mira told me that the king was going to pick a queen," Brin says.
"He was taking girls from their villages from the ages of nineteen to twenty-one, so who ever he picks will be the queen and produce a heir to the throne, " she says with so much disgust.
I laughed and say, " Who would be that tyrant king's wife?"
" That's why they're taking girls from their villages, " Brin says.
Thump.
Thump.
Thump.
Suddenly, I hear the pounding of horse feet only to look around to see the castle knights heading towards our village.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: A picture of Scarlett and her diary is on the media.
I would to thank my co-writer in crime Eve. Please follow her @evied23. Thank you! Please R&R!