Silence enveloped the two once more before Makoto sighed, "Alright. Tomorrow, I'll talk to her."

***

The following morning, (Y/n) finished packing her bag as she snacked on a granola bar. She had to sign out of her room by 9 am and aboard her train at 10, so she checked over her room and pockets once more before opening her door to come face-to-face with Daisuke as he smiled at her. The girl huffed as she shut her door and walked past him, leading him to the elevator as they waiting for the ding.

"You ready to go back to Tokyo?"

"More than ready." Ding!

Daisuke followed the girl into the open elevator, clicking the lobby button as (Y/n) shoved her hands into her pockets. The lack of elevator music only added to the tense atmosphere that continued to reek after they had passed by a group of people who waited for the elevator, neither of them caring to even smile at the strangers. (Y/n) and Daisuke approached different people at the desk, quickly signing out and returning their own room keys before leaving the hotel. The pale-blue–haired man held open the door for his friend's sister as she scoffed at his actions, proceeding to walk through the doorway nonetheless. Daisuke checked his watch as he walked beside the girl to his car. He unlocked the doors, opening the passenger seat to allow her inside before shutting it after her as she groaned. He slid in the driver's seat, both of them buckling their seatbelts before Daisuke started his car, pulling out of the lot and heading the opposite direction of the train station.

"Yamaguchi-san, the station is the other way..." the girl gulped as she looked at Daisuke's innocent smile, "Bastard, where are you taking me?! Forget about Yaga and Gojo skinning you alive, I'll do it myself! Then pour lemon juice on ya!"

Daisuke chuckled, waving a hand, "Relax. Makoto wanted to see you one last time before you go. We're ready to explain what happened, plus you can probably heal his injuries, right?"

(Y/n) scoffed, "Why the hell would I wanna do that? He may be my biological brother, but I barely even know him anymore. I just wanna go home."

"Give us a chance."

"I'm telling Satoru and Masamichi you kidnapped me when I get home and they're gonna kick your ass."

"Fine by me!"

***

Daisuke and (Y/n) walked into Makoto's hospital room, quietly thanking the nurse as she felt. The pair sat in the seats beside the (h/c)-haired boy's beds, glancing at each other before Makoto started the conversation, "(Y/n)... Daisuke and I used to hang out with the occult club in middle school." A silence took over the room as Daisuke shuffled in his seat.

"We used to bully them... Mostly Makoto."

(Y/n)'s eyes flickered in disbelief between her brother and his friend, "Then they cursed you?"

"Yeah. And after Daisuke and I got into a big argument, I avoided him so he didn't get to see the curse until it was too late," Makoto said as the image of said curse appeared in their minds, "That day, I went to the store and saw Daisuke in a fight with one of the club members' older brother. The other guy left as soon as I arrived but Daisuke was pretty beaten up and I was too stubborn to help him further..."

Daisuke swallowed the lump in his throat as he took over, "I let you walk away that day... I saw the curse and I said nothing—I did nothing... I'm sorry, (Y/n), Makoto. Because of my stubbornness, Makoto was taken by that curse for four years and (Y/n) had to suffer even further because of Sukuna."

Upon hearing the name, the girl decided she'd rather be with the vessel than in the hospital, talking with her lost brother and his friend. She reeled that thought, feeling sick to her stomach at the realization—Had spending years without her real family made her cruel? Had she changed? And if so, was if better or worse? Her jaw clenched as she stood up, "We were all stubborn," she walked forward, placing a hand over Makoto's body and healing all of his injuries, "We're all stubborn." With that, the girl left the room, passing by the nurses station as she muttered, "Check (L/n) Makoto's injuries again."