Chapter 44 - Home

Start from the beginning

Khu : No Dad its nothing.... I'm fine...

Aj : ( Sternly) I know how fine you you are.... You are going home now and taking rest.... And it's my order ,I won't listen to your excuses khushi....You work day and night compromising with your health....

Kh : Dad you know na this doesn't affect me.... I'll be fine...

Arnav looked at her worriedly and helplessly....

Sam : ( sighing) Please go home and rest beta.... Atleast for us....

She nodded silently....

Aj : Abhi you please take all of them to home.... I'll call at home to inform them about the guests....

Khu : No need dad... Bhai you don't have to come with us.... Lets leave Mr. Chadda....

Saying this she left taking her bag and phone escaping the situation before Ajay and Samarth order her something else..... Arnav and Aman followed her silently, and were hell worried for her changed behaviour....

Reaching the parking they came towards the car.....

Arnav quickly moved forward and opened the door of the back seat....

She nodded thanking him....

Khu : Thank you Mr. Chadda.....

He nodded and settled beside her, Aman sat on the passenger seat and driver started the car.....

Arnav looked at Khushi worriedly who was pressing her forehead looking outside the window.....

By her expressions he knew that she got an headache because of fever so he took the medicine from his pocket and forwarded it towards her....

Khushi frowned seeing the medicine then she looked at Arnav....

Ar : Ohji have it..... You headache will be gone and you will feel relieved....

He said smiling at her.....

She looked at him gratefully....

Khu : Thank you Mr. Chadda I really needed it....

She said taking the medicine from his hand.....

Ar : Your welcome Ji..... Actually I always keep it with me.... We don't know na when it can be needed....

She stopped tearing the wrapper of the medicine and got lost in the flashback....

Flashback

Arnav worriedly came from the office and picked khushi from her college in the half day as she got high fever.....

Sitting in the car Arnav said....

Ar : Jaan Have this medicine you will feel better till we reach home.....

He said concerndly....

Khu : I don't want this yuck tablet.... Its very tasteless.....

She said making bad face pressing her forehead ....

Ar : All medicines are tasteless Jaan.... But they give us relief from pain and cure us....

He said shaking his head in disbelief seeing her childish behavior....

Khu : But....

She tried to change his mind....

Ar : No ifs and buts Jaan..... You need to have it.... And that's final....

He said taking the tablet and placed it in her palm....

Khu : But its so big na.... I had never took this size tablet.....

She said worriedly.....

Arnav widened his eyes hearing this new found information about her....

She laughed seeing his expressions....

Khu : Look at your face Aaru..... Ha....ha ha.....

He frowned seeing her joking at this condition....

Ar : Is this a situation for joking Jaan.... Eat the medicine silently now....

He said sternly making her dissapoint that she have to eat this medicine.....

She gulped the medicine with half bottle water......

Khu : But seriously its not good at taste.....why do you keep this tasteless thing with you.....

She said making face after gulping the tablet......

Ar: Because we never know na when it can be needed.....

He answered chuckling.....

Flashback ends

She was brought back in present as Arnav called her.....

Ar : Oho Madam Ji where are you lost.... I'm calling you from a long time.... Take this water and gulp the tablet in one go.....

He said forwarding the water bottle towards her.....

She looked at him for a while but shrugged whatever the thoughts came in her mind and gulped the tablet with little amount of water....

In this Arnav's gaze fell on her wrist which had his watch.....

He asked after she took the medicine and kept the bottle at side....

Ar : Oohji, I have never seen a women wearing mens watch.... Is there any reason for you wearing this.....

He knows the reason but then also he asked pointing at her wrist.....

Khu : Yes Mr. Chadda....

He cut her off....

Ar : Oh please Ji just call me Karthik.... I'm not that old ji.... And Mr. Chadda sounds like a senior citizen's name....

He joked expecting her to smile a little which he hand been longing to see.... But it didn't happen....

Kbu : Okay Mr. Karthik..... Actually this watch is very special.... And I talked with you because you helped me.... So now please don't say anything else about this.....

She said calmly in the starting but sternly at the end....

He nodded being dissapointed but didn't showed it on his face.....

Looking out from the window he said in mind....

Ar : ( in mind) ( Sighing) I made you so emotionally dependent on me Jaan that when I went away from you.... You couldn't take it and turned like this..... But I promise myself Jaan that I'll bring the old Khushk back.... My Jaan back in a month....

Thinking this with determination he wipped the lone tear that fell from his eye without anyone's notice....