Valentine's Day Special

Start from the beginning

Time was moving agonizingly slow, the slow dance music was long gone, replaced by the DJ, who seemingly couldn't wait for his turn. He really got the whole room on the dance floor again, reading the crowd and switching the tempos and rhythms perfectly. But I couldn't bring myself to dance with everyone. All of them were so kind, but there was a certain dose of pity in their eyes when they looked at me, and I didn't want it. I didn't want to believe I was stood up by the person that let me through those colossal walls he built around himself.

I sighed, downing my drink and standing up. Immediately, Momo noticed me and broke through the dancing crowd.

"You're not leaving are you?"

With eyes locked on the floor, I buttoned up my tuxedo.

"No... I just want to step outside and get some fresh air. I'll wait a little longer, surely he'll show up..."

She nodded, offering me yet another apologetic smile as I went for the door. The February air was chilly and crisp. Sometimes the night air during the winter would remind me of the fresh mountain air, just like tonight did. I set on one of the stairs, gazing upwards, towards the sea of endless glistening stars. A single tear threatened to fall from my eyes.

"Stood up on Valentines day... Pathetic."

I sighed deeply, leaning my head on my hand, at least enjoying the silence around me. The soft click of the door alerted me that I wasn't alone anymore.

"Why does someone sit alone, at edge of tears on valentine's day?"

The voice was unfamiliar, but extremely friendly and very calming. I slowly turned my head, locking eyes with no other than All Might himself.

"Why would that concern No. 1 pro hero anyway..."

He sighed, slowly taking a seat next to me.

"You know what, maybe you're right, he fights villains everyday. But what if it concerns the man beneath his mask?"

"In that case, I'd tell him I got stood up by someone I really care about, with zero explanation..."

He hummed, and in the corner of my eye I caught him staring at the sky as well.

"Maybe there is some sort of an explanation. They'll tell you why it happened, and you can choose how to act about it.  Anyway, love and affection isn't reserved just for today, don't you agree?"

I hummed, sincerely finding a little comfort in his words.

"The thing is, if I let go of the 'he stood me up' idea, I'm scared something happened to him and..."

The lump in my throat became larger, and the shadows around me seemed to grow, threatening to envelop the dim light.

"... I just want him to be okay..."

I felt a gentle hand on my shoulder, but before he could say anything the door burst open and a guy with spiky blond hair and thin mustache was steaming his head of, shaking All Might in the process.

"We have a problem, there was a villain attack a few hours ago, our comms were interfered with. Young Todoroki was there and he held his ground untill faculty staff finally arrived!"

I perked up at the mention of his name. But the context was deeply unsettling. Many thoughts filled my mind, but I started drowning in bad ones, finally breaking away from it.

"Is Todoroki okay? Was he hurt?"

Their heads snapped in my direction. I noticed them struggling to pick the right words, and my breathing got quicker.