young and free.

it was a new start for harin. getting her first job, moving to a new place, in a new town, and meeting new friends. although it might seem overwhelming, it wasn't to her at all.  she's doing great. beginning her own journey, at last. young and free.

     first day at work. harin had already picked out an outfit the night before. she chose something sweet and simple, enough to give off a good first impression to her coworkers. it was a red button-up shirt tucked in black straight-cut pants with a pair of cute heels to complete the look. she hasn't gotten her driver's license yet, so she took the bus to work. harin's gotten a job at the island as a chemical engineer for a famous oil and gas company there. she was told to come to the meeting room to introduce herself. "hello everyone, i'm park harin, and i'm 23 years old. i hope we can get along well and enjoy working with each other." she said. although she was trembling terribly, she managed to pull it off pretty well i must say.

     after getting out of the meeting room, a coworker brought harin to her desk. but while trying to settle herself down, harin couldn't help but notice the guy sitting beside her was secretly peeking from his desk. when they locked eyes he smiled and said "hi there, i'm jeno.  (.◜◡◝)" "hello jeno, i'm harin! looks like we're desk buddies!" harin said brightly. "you're pretty." "excuse me?" "i said you're pretty." harin paused. "thank you..?" he then laughed and turned to face his computer. 

    for lunch, they went out to eat together. her team is made up of 6 engineers in total. just nice. they ate at a famous samgyetang place and went back to the office. they were very nice to her, she liked her seniors very much. the clock hit 5 and everyone was finishing up to go home. she was ecstatic. her first day is finally over and it went much better than she expected. but something kept bothering her mind all day. that guy from the coffee shop. chenle. she's on her way to see him right now. because of the rather interesting interaction they had that night, he seems like the right person to go to and tell everything that happened on her first day at work.