Chapter 22

Soobin had invited Arin and her grandfather to have afternoon tea together.

He har also thought it would be a great opportunity for her to meet his dad since he just got discharged.

When Jiwoo returned from campus, Mrs. Choi invited her to join their afternoon tea.

She kindly rejected the offer because she didn't feel comfortable to see Soobin and his new girlfriend.

But since Mrs. Choi kept on begging and Arin also insisted that she joins them because she wants to get to know her.

Jiwoo sighed because she couldn't say no anymore.

She sat next to Mrs. Choi as they continued their conversation about their business.

Jiwoo was feeling very uncomfortable and kept her head low.

When she looked up, she regretted it instantly when she made eye contact with Arin.

Arin just smiled at her so she returned the smile and looked back down.

"Jiwoo." She called making Jiwoo slightly jumped. "Can I talk with you?"

Jiwoo nodded and lead her to the back of the house.

It was quite awkward between them as they were walking side by side.

"Should we sit?" Arin asked, pointing at the nearest bench.

Jiwoo nodded then they sat together on the bench.

After a heavy silence, Arin finally spoke, "I really envy you."

Jiwoo widened her eyes and look at her.

She just smiled at her.

"You've been living with Soobin for the past three years." Arin said making Jiwoo flustered.

Arin let out a tiny giggle at how adorable she is. "He's so nice and considerate. Plus, his mom really likes you."

Jiwoo just kept silent as she didn't know what to say.

"To be honest, I'm kinda jealous." Arin confessed, keeping a smile on her pretty face.

"Do you..." Her voice trailed off. "Do you like Soobin?"

Arin nodded.

"The day we met in the elevator my grandpa asked me to go there. He told me to go and see a man named Choi Soobin. I wanted to refuse. So I went to the wrong floor on purpose."

Jiwoo just stared at her, listening to her story.

"I didn't want to get married this young." Arin continued. "But.. I fell in love with him in the elevator. So I agreed to the date my grandpa set up."

Jiwoo frowned and looked at the floor.

'I also fell in love with him at first sight six years ago.'

"But I'm not very confident." Arin said making Jiwoo looked back at her.

"Don't worry." Jiwoo said. "Soobin said that he really likes you."

"Really?" Arin smiled, feeling relieved.

Jiwoo nodded, reassuring her. "Don't worry. You guys are going to be fine."

"Thank you, Jiwoo." Arin smiled warmly at her.

"I-I'm going to help Mrs. Choi now." Jiwoo stood up and went towards the door.

'It hurts....

It hurts so bad..'

Later the night, Jiwoo was studying at her room.

Then she heard a knock on her door.

Looking at it, seeing her father stood there.

"Dad." She smiled as her dad who's walking towards her.

"Jiwoo, did Kai ask you to come and help us tomorrow?" Mr. Kim asked.

"Yes. He said we're going to buy ingredients tomorrow."

"We have a lot of orders tomorrow. I can't handle it myself. Please come and help."

"Okay." Jiwoo smiled and turned back to her books.

But when she looked at her dad who still stood at his position.

"Is there anything else?"

"Right.." Mr. Kim made his way to her bed and sat there. "Jiwoo, I want to ask you something."

"Yes?" She turned her full attention on her dad.

"Let's move out of here."

Her eyes widened as she shook her head. "No! I-"

"I know how you feel." Her dad tried to calm her daughter. "But this is kind of awkward. We can't stay here anymore."

Jiwoo frowned and hung her head low.

"If you have to see Soobin every day, you won't be happy either. So I think it's best if we move out, okay?"

She sighed and slowly nodded.

Mr. Kim was relived that her daughter agreed.

He stood from her bed and walked towards her daughter.

"Forget about Soobin. If you leave now, at least Soobin won't hate you, right?"

She nodded while nibbling down her lip.

"Good girl." Her dad smiled and patted her wrist. "Get some rest soon."

Mr. Kim walked out of the room.

Jiwoo sighed, trying to hold back her tears from falling.