Chapter 18

After a few days, Beomgyu has been discharged and their parents came back from their trip.

Soobin also moved back to the house without telling them the reason.

Jiwoo just finished with school and went back home.

She went inside the house then was greeted by Mr. Choi who's at the living room and Mrs. Choi at the kitchen.

"Jiwoo!" Mrs. Choi smiled. "How's your classes?"

"The usual." Jiwoo smiled back.

"Here." She putted a bowl of apples on the dining table. "Have these."

"Thank you." Jiwoo smiled and sat down. She ate the apples while playing on her phone.

Few minutes later, the house door opened by Soobin.

"Soobin." Mr. Choi called while putting down the book he was reading. "I need to talk to you about something important."

"What is it?" Soobin asked as he sat on the sofa beside his dad.

"You're 20 years old now." His dad began. "You've been living on your own for a while. How was it? Don't you think it's about time to make some plans for your future?"

"Yes," Soobin smiled. "I think so too."

"I have decided to pass down the business to you." Mr. Choi said.

Soobin's smile quickly dropped as he looked away.

"We're not in a rush though." His dad chuckled. "First, you can join the company and shadow me as my assistant. You can learn step by step and when you're ready, I'll be able to pass down the business to you without any worries. When that happens,you can run the company using your own way and skills and take it to new heights."

Soobin just looked away without saying anything.

"But of course,that's just me." Mr. Choi said. "My dream. How about you? What are your thoughts?"

Soobin finally looked at his dad.

"Sounds like you've already mapped out the future of the company and me." Soobin crossed his arms. "What's the point of asking me my thoughts?"

"It doesn't have to be like that." Mr. Choi answered.

"If that's the case, I'll be honest with you." Soobin stood up. "I don't need you to decide my future for me. I'm your son, not a puppet. If you really want to know my opinion, I'll let you know. I won't accept your oppressive plans."

"Soobin," His dad also stood up. "How could you say that-"

"You wanted to hear my thoughts, right?" Soobin cut. "This is what I think."

Mrs. Choi and Jiwoo who has been hearing their conversations, looked at each other.

"Gosh.. Soobin." Mrs. Choi approached the two. "You shouldn't talk to your dad like that. We're doing this for your own good, aren't we?"

"For my own good?" Soobin scoffed.

His mom nodded.

"You mean for your own good!" Soobin raised his voice. "Dad wants me to take over the company. But did he consider whether I would want to or not? And you. You like Jiwoo, so you only care about her feelings. What about me? You never cared about me!"

"Because I believe Jiwoo is the one for you!" Mrs. Choi raised her voice too. "I'm sure you like-"

"That's all your wishful thinking!" Soobin cut. "You're only happy when things go your way! Don't I even get to say on who I date?"