"My apologies, Agent Silver." She smirked. "Can you tell me how you discovered the body of Derek Williams?" YN's teeth clenched inside her mouth, her eyes nearly diverting toward Tony who was watching her with sad eyes.

"After my apartment was attacked, I went to see if anyone else that had seen the file was also in danger. He was found dead in his bedroom, single bullet wound to the head. Appeared to be a sniper from my experience."

"And you headed straight there after escaping your assailant?" YN paused, licking her lips before shaking her head. "Where did you go first?"

"I went to the Avengers Compound, I needed somewhere to clean up a bullet wound."

"And Tony Stark decided to accompany you?" YN nodded, not giving her much else. "Why?"

"That would be a better fitting question for Mr. Stark himself, no?" YN asked, squaring her shoulders.

"I'm sorry, Agent Silver, Mr. Stark hasn't been called as a witness." YN raised an eyebrow, watching the lady grit her teeth. "Very well, can you describe your relationship with Mr. Stark?"

"Objection, relevance?" A frown pulled YN's eyebrows down as the lawyer overruled the lawyer's disruption.

"Mr. Stark and I did not start on great terms, both of us were on different sides of a very important investigation. As we discovered more about what was happening, we found ourselves becoming more acquainted."

"So... you're friends?" YN shrugged, grinning slyly.

"Sure." YN said, crossing her knees.

"So, where was he when you were kidnapped by a one, Brock Rumlow eight days ago?" YN paused, suddenly on edge as the woman stepped closer. "We know you were not on speaking terms after your accident at the triskelion, and until a few days ago, we did not know why." The lawyer stepped away, picking up a file and placing it in front of YN. "Agent Silver, can you confirm the documents in front of you are those you received from Mr. Stark on the 23rd of September." YN sighed, looking down. She nodded, staring blankly back at the lawyer. "And can you confirm this is exactly how you received them?"

Opening her mouth to answer, YN had to stop, a sigh releasing from her lips instead. "No." She said quietly, her eyes finally finding sad brown in the crowd. "There was a portion missing which I had Derek sypher for me. Leading to his death." YN cleared her throat.

"So, you're saying Mr. Stark had a hand in the death of your former colleague and former lover, Mr. Williams?"

"Just to be clear, none of these deaths are on the Avengers, and especially not on Mr. Stark. Half of America would have been nuked if it weren't for a combination of luck, action and smarts." YN's voice raised an octave as she felt rage bubble in her chest. "All of the destruction that Washington saw this month is the doing of Hydra, your clients, counselor. So, I would think twice before sticking a finger in my face and telling me who I should blame for my friend's death."

The lawyer ran her tongue along her teeth at YN's words, her lip curling as YN sunk back in her seat. The room was filled with hushed whispers as the judge called for an intermission, YN huffing as she stood to her feet, glaring at the lawyer who stared back at her just as coldly.

"I don't even understand how this is even in trial," She caught the start of Natasha's conversation with Sharon, the two of them tailing Steve and Sam. "I didn't think the government would want this to be so public."

"Are you kidding? The FBI taking down an organization like HYDRA that was buried within a reputable division like S.H.I.E.L.D? It's exactly the kind of thing that gets the public's trust." YN muttered, falling into a seat beside Steve who sent her a small smile. "Where's Tony?"

"Here, sweetheart." YN sighed, her head rolling to the side as Tony encased her cheek in his palm. "That was one hell of a speech."

Chuckling, YN looked up to Tony through her lashes. "Don't think it won many brownie points with that old hag, but it's not like they have much to defend anyway. This is a done deal case either way." The other's hummed in confirmation, YN's eyes fluttering shut as Tony ran a thumb over her lips.

"Come on, we'll go get some coffee while we wait to go back in." Sam suggested, getting to his feet with Steve and the two women. "Either of you want anything?"

"Soy-"

"Soy latte, shot of vanilla." Tony interrupted, making YN's cheek flush in his hand. "Nothing for me."

"You're a show off." YN chuckled, feeling Tony fall into the seat beside her. "Thank you though, for being here." Tony shrugged in lieu of a response, making YN's nose crinkle. "I know listening to me talk about Derek is hard for you. But you know we're moving past that, right?" Another shrug and YN turned fully to Tony, intertwining her fingers with his. "You know I don't blame you, Tony, not anymore."

Tony sighed, lifting his gaze to finally meet YN, whom was waiting with a soft smile. He stared at her quietly as she squeezed his hand, his heartbeat increasing the more he held her gaze. "I love you." He finally whispered, making YN's hand stop and her eyes widen. "Uh, I... this is probably the worst time to admit this... Jesus, I'm sorry, let's forget I ever-"

"Shut up." YN chuckled, her hand tightening again around Tony's. "If we weren't in public right now, I would show you how much I love you..." Tony swallowed, pressing his lips together to fight a smile. "But for right now, know that I love you too, Tony. So much."

Tony nodded, sitting back in his seat with a chuffed looking grin on his face.

"Stark, Silver, come on let's get back in there!" The couple got to their feet, Tony feeling YN's hand squeeze one more time before dropping it altogether. His fingers buzzed with the promise of the future, a promise for tomorrow with the woman who was blushing and grinning walking into the court room beside him. 

Oh my goodness, as if that is another book finished :( I will continue to update my one shots book for Marvel characters, but it won't be as often as I would like as I am having some health issues and have been in and out of hospital. Hopefully after I have my surgery I will have more downtime. 

Thank you for all the love I have received over not only this book but all of my others, please check them out if you haven't already. 

Lot's of love, Annabelle xx