Hickies from the Girl

Start from the beginning

"I don't think I did." Jean leaned forward, shaking his head at his friend.

Marco let out a deep sigh, then turned to look at him. The pupils of his eyes were already dilated from the line he had just done. "I see the way you treat her, look at her. Eren does the same thing."

"I don't care what Eren does Marco." Scoffed Jean. He looked away and out the window to avoid eye contact with him. Jean's cheeks had turned a shade of pink, and he didn't want Marco to see. It was an embarrassing reaction.

"You're an idiot if you let him win." Marco leaned forward again, pulling the bill up to his nose to snort the other line. "You'll hate yourself for a long time if you don't do anything now." Leaning down, he inhaled the straight line of powder with the same motion as before. After it was done he zig-zagged around his phone, not wanting to waste any loose particles. 

"Eren's not going to do anything either." Jean bit back, still not fully admitting that he felt anything toward you. He couldn't do that yet. 

But Marco had known how he Jean felt about you from the start. Since that very moment during the breakfast where you both 'officially' met. 

A pale faced Jean had whispered to him, while they stood on line for food, that you were the girl that he couldn't get off his mind all night. That you were the bathroom girl, and of course by the luck of the universe, you were also Sasha's new transfer roommate. 

From Jeans immature reaction to you that morning, and the millions of texts about you from the night before, Marco knew that Jean was into you more than any girl in the past. Jean was never one to get with a girl that quick, or even talk about them after. Marco hadn't woken up to that many messages about a girl since Jean lost his Virginity in High School.

"That's not was Sasha told Connie." Marco raised his pitch, patronizing his friend. The freckled boy began to clean up his desk, wiping down any remains of what he had just done. He was using the 'he said she said' bullshit to start something. 

"What do you know that I don't?" Jean scratched his splotchy stubble that decorated his chin. "And why are you being coy about it, if you have something to say spit it out." The boy was growing impatient.

"Sasha told Connie that she overheard him and Mikasa talking on the phone one day about her." Marco paused, waiting to add the punch to the story. "Eren asked Mikasa to help him out with 'winning her over', so he'll probably end up getting somewhere with it, since she's competent."

"So what? I doubt Yeager will get far." Jean scoffed and folded his arms across his chest. "I'm competent too, you know." He added after a few seconds, not liking the way his friend took a jab at him. But also, not liking that Eren was trying to get with you. Not liking that one bit. His stomach churned at the thought of you and Eren Yeager dating. That could not happen. 

No, that would not happen.

"It's not about competence, it's about admitting your fee-"

"-I don't have feelings for her." Jean cut him off. 

"Do you even hear yourself?" Marco scoffed, he was now turned in his desk chair facing up at Jean."You're the most oblivious guy I've ever met Jean."

Stubborn he was, not oblivious. "You're the one that's high as shit right now, what do you know?" He snapped back.

"I know more than you." Marco told him matter of factly. "When Eren gets with her, you'll never have another shot." Marco was harsh this time around.