Family Reunion

*Requested by @jsr2351*

Natasha's POV 

"Mommy, where are we going?" My son James asks me. Ever since me and Steve went against the Sokovia Accords and got Scott, Wanda, Clint, and Sam out of prison, the government have been trying to look for us to arrest. But we all went out separate ways. Wanda and Vision went to New Jersey, Sam went to New Orleans, Bucky's in Wakanda with T'Challa, Peter's back with his aunt, both Tony and Rhodes are at the compound and both Clint and Scott are on house arrest.

I never should've trusted the accords in the first place. I thought that this could help us with trying to have us win their trust back but then I realized that they only wanted to control us and they only wanted to blame someone on the messes that they caused. 

Anyway, I am backing up a bag for me, Steve and James while Steve is dealing with some things. "Me, you and Daddy are going to visit your grandparents." James then gives a surprised yet confused look. "I have grandparents?" I nodded. The reason that I've never told James about my parents is that they didn't really raise me. And they aren't my real parents. 

They were the ones that put me in the Red Room and I haven't forgiven them. I know it's not the best idea to bring my child into this but both me and Steve want to keep him safe. 

"Yeah, you do buddy. I know you must be confused right now but I will explain once we get to see your grandparents. Okay?" He nods and I kiss his forehead then continue packing. Once I was done packing all of our clothes, I put all of our suitcases by the front door. 

"What do you wanna do before we leave James?" James then thinks about what he wants to do then yells it out loud. "Let's watch a Disney movie!" I chuckle at his enthusiasm. He then decides that he wants to watch Aristocats. I put on the movie then put James in my lap while the movie starts. About 30 minutes in the movie, Steve walks in the house which causes James to get up. 

"Daddy!" He runs over to Steve and Steve picks him up and hugs him tightly. "How's my little boy doing?" James giggles as Steve tickles him. I smile at the interaction between the two. You can tell by how Steve treats James that he loves his son so much. He is such an amazing father and he will always protect his son. 

"I'm doing good. What took you so long to get here?" He asks. Me and Steve give each other a look and think about what Steve could say to him. "Daddy just had to deal with some things. Now go get cleaned up so we can leave." He then put James down and James ran off to clean himself up. 

I walk over to Steve and give him a quick peck on the lips. "How did it go today?" Steve sighs disappointingly which makes me sad a little. "Let's just say that General Ross wouldn't hesitate to do something the next time he sees us." I nod, knowing that something will go wrong if General Ross finds us. 

We then help James with finishing packing up his suitcase and we take all of his stuff to the car in the driveway. I get in the car while Steve puts James in his car seat then gets into the driver's seat. 

*Four hours later*

"I'm nervous about what's going to happen," I say as Steve parks in front of my family's house. He then puts his hands on my knee to comfort me. "Everything will be alright, okay? And if something does go wrong, I will be there right beside you." I give Steve a smile then kiss him on the lips. "I love you." "I love you too." 

Steve then gets our suitcases while I slowly take James out of his car seat and carry him to the house. I take a deep breath and slowly knock on the door. I waited a sec until someone opens the door and it was Melina, my "mother." 

"Natasha?" She says shocked, in her very strong Russian accent. "Hi mom." She has a very surprised look on her face while my expression didn't change at all. She then looks at James and is even more shocked. "Is he your.." "Yes, he is my son. Now can we please come in?" I ask urgently. She then steps aside to let me in the house. Steve then comes over and puts our luggage by the door. "Hello Melina," Steve says then puts his hand out for her to shake his. She shakes his hand back and says hello to him.